Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

In-Market Placement Exclusions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Is it typical to constantly add multiple placement exclusions to an In-Market test? I've targeted the audiences provided by google that match the products we sell and dialed in the demographics, but it appears that i'm constantly adding placement exclusions. So I wanted to see if other people who have used In-Market are having the same experience of having to add the majority of placements to exclusions?

Thanks

Re: In-Market Placement Exclusions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

It is ok to exclude placements which are just taking cost, have poor performance and are not relevant to your product whether you are targeting In-market, Affinity segments or simply automatic placements.

By the way, on what basis are you constantly adding placements to exclusions?

Regards,
Ashish

Re: In-Market Placement Exclusions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ashish,
Thanks for the reply. I set up the In-Market campaign last week and have been adding placement exclusions daily since it was created. The amount of exclusions have definitely subsided, but I wasn't expecting it to be such a significant amount due to the people seeing these ads are supposedly in the market for the product we are selling. So I was just trying to see if any other people had similar experience.
Thanks,
Curtis