AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

In-Market Placement Exclusions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Is it typical to constantly add multiple placement exclusions to an In-Market test? I've targeted the audiences provided by google that match the products we sell and dialed in the demographics, but it appears that i'm constantly adding placement exclusions. So I wanted to see if other people who have used In-Market are having the same experience of having to add the majority of placements to exclusions?

Thanks

Re: In-Market Placement Exclusions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

It is ok to exclude placements which are just taking cost, have poor performance and are not relevant to your product whether you are targeting In-market, Affinity segments or simply automatic placements.

By the way, on what basis are you constantly adding placements to exclusions?

Regards,
Ashish

Re: In-Market Placement Exclusions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ashish,
Thanks for the reply. I set up the In-Market campaign last week and have been adding placement exclusions daily since it was created. The amount of exclusions have definitely subsided, but I wasn't expecting it to be such a significant amount due to the people seeing these ads are supposedly in the market for the product we are selling. So I was just trying to see if any other people had similar experience.
Thanks,
Curtis