AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Improving my landing page experience after layout change.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Good Morning!

I am having trouble improving my landing page score after a recent layout change. I have searched the depths of the internet and researched how to improve landing page experience, but nothing is working. Can anyone help me?

The landing page I am using is:

http://homeandabout.co.uk/deet-mosquito-insect-repellent-spray/

Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon B
September 2015

Re: Improving my landing page experience after layout change.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Simon,

Your page content is relevant for people looking for "insect repellent", "deet mosquito", etc, which looks good.

By doing a quick analysis I would suggest you reduce links by, at least, 30% and edit description meta tag to make it shorter and more relevant to this page. So far your meta description has a generic company overview when it should focus on the description for this page/product. Also, it's 325 characters long, which is too much, I recommend around 155.

Diogo

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Simon,
To add to Diogo's great answer, another thing to consider is using Google Content Experiments - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745147?hl=en
This will allow you the flexibility to change certain elements on your page and see if that leads to more Conversions.
Another thing I'd say - if you're interested in improving the Landing Page Quality Score, I would focus more on providing a good user experience that leads to Conversions. Ultimately, if your Landing Page Quality Score is low, but you're getting great Conversions, I would consider that success through AdWords advertising. Focus more on the user and your Conversions and the rest should fall into place.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Adding to what my friends are saying here, I have few suggestions for you.

1) You should think of re-arranging your content presentation. For me, it looks very cluttered. Let's make it precise and simple.
2) Most of your product information and CTA is going below the page fold. Have it above the page fold. Portray the clear marketing message at the right place of your landing page.
3) If you can add some more pictures of your product that would be good.
4) I see you also have users' feedback, use it like a main USP of your landing page. Let visitors know about other users' experience.

The whole idea of landing page is to create user-specific and user-friendly experience. I hope my suggestions will help you.

Regards,
Kapil

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank You for all of your feedback. Once I make changes to my landing page such as the meta description, keywords etc, how long does it take for Google to re-calculate my score?

Thank you.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You should keep on trying unless you get desired results. That's my personal opinion. Just one thing, keep your eyes open. Constant observation of ad performance is important.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
What I mean is, if I make changes, does Google have to "Crawl" my site again before my QS is recalculated?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Simon,
Yes, Google will have to crawl your pages again to "learn" of your new changes. Quality Score is recalculated every time your Ads are eligible to appear in the auction.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
My landing page score averages at around 5 at the moment, I just cant believe they dropped so low, as they were all around about 7-8. So, will I have to get Google to re-crawl or do I have to just wait for it to take my landing pages' changes into account?

Thanks for the replies, this community is great! Smiley Happy

Top Contributor Alumni
# 10
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Simon,
Just be patient Smiley Happy
They will re-crawl and visit your site soon and then you should see some movement. I would stress, focus more on your visitors and your ROI vs worrying about your Quality Scores. Yes, Quality Scores can help with your Ad Rank and CPCs, but ultimately you should be more focused on your overall AdWords ROI (imo)