Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Improving a keywords impression share when the KW has a QS 10/10

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a KW with a QS of 10/10, but impression share is only 24% .

I am bidding alot to only get av position 5 but its a good converter so i cannot increase the bid but want to keep it.

The KW CTR is 4%

Expected click through rate is Average

Landing Page Experience Above Average

Ad Relevance Above Average

Without stating the obvious if i improve the AD to above average would this help impression share ?

thanks in advance

Mac

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Improving a keywords impression share when the KW has a QS 10/10

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mac,

Without knowing further details, I'd suggest these steps:

1. Look at lost impressions due to limited budget on campaign level (add column "Search lost IS (budget)", there are more competitive metrics available on campaign level than on keyword level).
2. Look into location, time, mobile or audience bid adjustments.
3. Make sure you have at least 3 ad copy variations with ongoing split test and optimisation.
4. Ensure your ad delivery and rotation settings are aligned with your bidding and budget tactics.

Hope this helps?

Nathalie

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hey Mac,

You CTR is solid but often you want to be in at least position #3. I would seriously consider increasing your CPC if ultimately your CPA is acceptable.

To save on money make sure to pause non-converting keywords, optimize ad copy and use ad extentions for increased CTR.

Best,
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Mac,

If you want to improve I.S for only one keyword try One Keyword for one ad group. Their are so many benefits with it not only Impressions share. Also try to analyse your competitors ads for specific keywords and check competitors impression share on Keywords tool this will give you idea how to improve your I.S.

Thanks,
Aravindh.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for all your replies, i will dive in and see what happens , if i do improve it i will post my findings on how i did it

thanks again

mac