Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Improving ROI

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi Guys

I was running a campaign targeting few european countries. After setting bid strategy to Automatic bidding  ( Focus on clicks - use maximum CPC bids) results wasn’t that good.

Capture.JPG

I used search and display network and used signup form for conversation tracking. And the results was this.

Then i tried enabling enhanced CPC also.

Also i can’t use CPA bidding method as yet, because it says “Unavailable because this campaign doesn't have enough conversion data.”

Do you guys have any suggestions for me?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Improving ROI

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
One of the first things I would suggest is that you separate out the search and display networks - they behave very differently and usually require different bidding strategies. you can use the copy/paste function to duplicate your campaign and then change the targeting.

Before you can make any firm decisions about the bidding you do need to get some data - think of this as investing in "market research" - this will give you some benchmarks against which to test future results.

I often use experiments (look for this in settings right down near the bottom) to increase the bids by a percentage for a segment of my traffic - usually 50%. Depending upon the traffic volumes, you will quite often see the impact - in a direct comparison (use segmentation in the reports) between the control traffic and the experimental traffic - this will give you insights into how the higher bids impact on such things as cpc, ad position and conversion rates.

You can adjust and repeat until you find the sweet spot where your bids are optimal for the best ROI.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Thank you very much for your response stickleback

Okay I will try running this as separate campaigns and see Smiley Happy Also personally do you think using CPA bidding would give me any better results ( Even thought it's not available as yet due to lack of conversion data) ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nisal,

I want to know few more thing , Are you showing 1 day data or is it a week data or is it a monthly data?

I want to Know how much click and impression you got.So that i can guide you in a better way.

After seeing the snapshot of your account, i want to say to you that you should check few thing like

1) Check your Ads first,

is your ads showing better offer than your comptitor? If yes,then check your landing  page, because your ads position is good and if you are getting more impression and less click then might be your ads are not too good as compair to your comptitor.

2) landing page:-

If you are getting sufficent click then i would like to recomend you to check your landing page might be their is some problem in your landing page due to which you are not getting coversion.

As you have said

Also i can’t use CPA bidding method as yet, because it says “Unavailable because this campaign doesn't have enough conversion data.”

This option eligible for those advertise how got 15 conversion in a month or regular conversion evry day.As you achieved this you will be eligble.

Hope this will help you

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Sudhanshu,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Answers for your questions are

This is weekly data, See below chart for better understanding.

Capture.JPG

And I think Ads are okay, Because I'm satisfied enough with impressions I'm getting in this case. However It can be a problem with Landing page. It's kind of outdated and i suggested clients that changing site would be a better option ( For a instance landing pages are not responsive ( Not mobile friendly) 

Other than that I can't think about any other problem. Anyway please have a look on above chart and put your thoughts.

Thanks.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nisal,

thanks you providing this information.As per my best knowledge i would suggest you to do few thing.

All of your matrics looking fine for me. I would like to suggest you that analyse day wise report (30 day or 45 day) and check on which day you are getting more conversion at what time.It will give you a clear picture how to maximize conversion.

And location as well.(means which location gives you more conversion try to focus more on it)

Try to add new and relevent keywords with different match type will help you in getting more visitor on your site and will help you in getting more conversion.

You should have to foucus on your landing page becuse it play a major role, So please check it, wither your payment page is working or not, loading timing,Content is relevent or not, price of the product is their or not, product usp etc.

one best USP or titel or headline can change the scenario.

I hope this will help you.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Hi again,

Thanks. Yeah I should create the new site and check how things will go! Also At least twice a day I'm am working on keywords and etc. My only problem is my client is bit worried about ROI rate, which i totally understand from the client point of view.

But as you all suggested I'll give sometime to analyse the data and figure out what's the best option is Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nisal L
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I would add that Converting visitors don't always buy at the first visit. Looking at search funnels would help you understand whan chain of keywords motivate visitors to convert after 2-3 or more clicks on your Ads. This you can explain to your client , that there is a research stage before a converting visit. This way you can discover what keywords are involved in a conversion and bid higer on them, otherwise you can see only the keyword which was last to generate the conversion.

In Google analytics there are also the multi-channel funnels to identify what other channels combined with paid search , generate conversions if you have defined Goals.

Read more from here :

http://www.google.com/think/products/adwords-search-funnels.html

If you have 95 % of your visitors not converting you can re-engage them with Remarketing Ads in Search and in Display. More details here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en

And finally you can add Analytics metrics in your AdWords interface to see what keywords create the most bounces, besides the fact that they may not generate conversions. A high bounce rate means that the keyword has drawn a visit to your site but they did not find what they thought they might find and they left imediately. It is a user behaviour you do not want on your landing pages.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Adrian

Thanks lot for your input. Search funnels topic is something new to me. Thanks for mentioning it here. I will certainly look in to it. Re-marketing , i thought of it and then decided not to try right now since this is a new account.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Nice Answer.

Thanks