Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Improving Quality Score On GDN

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

I have a problem to improve my quality score in display campaign. I read a lot about quality score, but it just tell me to manage my keywords, and it seems to be applied on search campaign only. Can I see my quality score on GDN or display campaign? I use topic targeting for the campaign. I choose the relevant topic for my ads. I tried to lowering the max bid to get lower CPC but it just failed. Google not show my ads as usual. I guess my quality score is low. But how can I improve my quality score in display campaign? I need your help. Thank you. Have a nice day! Smiley Happy

Regards,

Anissa Fajari

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GrowMint
September 2015

Re: Improving Quality Score On GDN

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Anissa Fajari,

There is quality score on GDN.

Find more in formation in the link below.

http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=152234

CPC for a specific topic targeting campaign can be high, if you are targeting a niche subtopic where competition for ad space is high.

My 2 cents,

Deepak

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, there is no quality scores on GDN. Just make sure you have good CTR on the ads and keywords. Make them as relevant as possible.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So If I have a good CTR on the ads and the topic (I use topic on my campaign), I can lowering my CPC? My CPC is quite expensive. I ask how to improving quality score because I want to lower my CPC. How can I lower my CPC? And what's exactly good CTR? maybe 0,5% or 0,1% on GDN? 

Thank you for your answer Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GrowMint
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Anissa Fajari,

There is quality score on GDN.

Find more in formation in the link below.

http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=152234

CPC for a specific topic targeting campaign can be high, if you are targeting a niche subtopic where competition for ad space is high.

My 2 cents,

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deepak,

I'm targeting broad topic but I choose the main topic carefully. Thank you for your answer. Have a nice day! Smiley Happy

Regards,

Anissa Fajari

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

10 points to info.!!

Not many remember that, but there is a QS on the display network; It is evident that this QS does exist (but not shown), since users can have different bids for keywords (used for contextual targeting) on GDN. If you can bid on a KW, then the logic conclusion is that there should be a QS.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I totally missed it. Sorry.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a QS for the display network. It's just very different than the search network because search and display are different.

You can't judge by CTR alone. What you think is a good CTR is subjective only to you. Sure, a higher CTR means you have better quality. But you have to compare yours to other advertisers. So how do you compare? At the campaign level, there is something called Relative CTR. That's the display network equivalent of QS. Strange that nobody mentioned this and even the link provided by Deepak doesn't either. Basically, a 1.0 Relative CTR means your CTR is average. You want it higher just as you want your search campaign QS higher than 5 (the average).

By the way Anissa, don't mix search and display campaigns. It's unclear if you are or not. Since they are different, you need to treat them differently and separately. Ads for one network will not work the same for the other network.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lucid_Marketing,

Yes, sure I'm treating them differently, that's why I ask all of you how about the quality score in Display Network.

Thank you for your answer, it helps a lot!

Have a nice day!