AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Improving CTR in a B2B manufacturing industry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started using Adwords since October, and have being using different combinations of bidding strategy, ads, keywords etc. but unfortunately my CTR does not improve beyond 0.15%. I need some inputs on how to improve the CTR to atleast the average for the medical device manufacturing industry. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Improving CTR in a B2B manufacturing industry

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rahul,
Welcome to the community.

The answer to your question is extremely broad. There are countless things you can do to improve your CTR.

First of all, your CTR might be good for the position you're appearing in. Second of all, is this for the search network only?

A good place to start to get ideas for improving your CRT is the articles section of the community (link in the main menu). Here's some good articles to get you started:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/AdWords-Click-Through-Rates-CTR-Evaluating-and...

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Get-the-basics-right-One-quick-step-to-improve...

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/3-Tips-to-improve-Google-AdWords-CTRs-Increase...

I can vouch for the authors of those articles, they're awesome people Smiley Happy
Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If you're seeing a 0.15% CTR for search ads, there is likely a fundamental disconnect between the queries that you're matching and the intent of users to explore your products/services.  Under the dimensions tab, check your search terms report to see the queries that you are appearing for but not prompting clicks.  Use the search terms report to give you an idea of which terms drive clicks and which do not, and try to improve the keywords you are targeting based on these insights.  If you're goal is just to improve CTR, you may want to pause keywords that have extremely low CTRs and add some more targeted variations.

Also, there may be a disconnect between the user's query and the ad they see.  Make sure that your campaigns are structured in such a way that you are able to show users ads that are relevant to their exact query.  

To summarize, you are either targeting keywords that are too broad or your ads are not targeted enough to be relevant for the majority of your impressions.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rahul,

Welcome!

CTR can be increased in many ways.
# Try to choose specific keywords, review your keyword performance, Pay more attention on the keywords which are getting more clicks.

#Use some relevant Ad extension in your Ads e.g; sitelinks/Offer Extention etc..

# Add prices and Call to action in your Ad.

# Reworking on your Ad text/Content will also be helpful.

# DKI (Dynamic Keyword Insertion) is a great way to increase the relevancy of your ads thus increase in CTR.

Thanks
VB