AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Improve your CTR - Find the CTR improvement strategies in this word search puzzle.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi All,

14 CTR improvement strategies are waiting for you in this star below. Find them before the others do. Once you find a strategy, please write 1-2 lines of your own about that strategy:  

Go searching,

Mini

Screen Shot 2013-02-19 at 7.23.45 PM.png

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Improve your CTR - Find the CTR improvement strategies in this wor

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Specific: Be specific with your adcopy. Your adcopy should be specific to Landing page.

Effective: Effective and enticing adcopy with strong call to action is a key to get good CTR.

Keywords: Add relevant keywords in your adcopy but it should not look like spam. Keywords should make sense in adcopy.

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Ad Copy : An effective and specific ad copy attract the visitors attention which in terms helps to improve the CTR

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

URL : You should maintain the relevency of your display/destination url

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Policy: If you don't adhere to AdWords policies then you aren't going to get a CTR at all as your ads simply won't run. Before running your ads it is worth checking to see whether your ads will be eligible to run, the AdWords Policy Centre is full of great information.

Demographics: Identifying the demographics of your industry can greatly influence your CTR as advertising to the wrong age group and / or gender isn't going to help your marketing goals. You can learn how to target different demographics on the Display Network here.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Good job everyone. 

Waiting for the other CTR improvement strategies from other users too.

We'd love to see new participants. Very soon there would be an interesting team game and we need more participants. This is juts the beginning. 

Come on, go for it Community users....

Mini

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Spelling: Be concerned about spelling of your ad copy,mostly while using DKI .

offer: Attract the visitor with an offer, US advertisers, use offer extension within your ad.

seo: Make your site search engine friendly and do some seo to make your website show up  in organic search.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

There are only four left guys Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Win: Split test the performance of different keywords, ads and ad groups;choose the one who wins at the end.

Glue: Make the ad groups with the most relevant keywords as tight as glue.

QS: Increase the QS (Quality Score ) of your keywords .

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I think the last one is

Bid : Bid your keywords properly in order to achieve a good ad position.It is a factor associated with CTR to improve the Quality Score.