AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Improve the QS of existing Campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi There!

I have an issue regarding QS. I have searched this community for answers, but none did satisfy my needs.

It concerns an account with a campaign where almost all keywords have a 3/10, 5/10 or 7/10.

What I want is to improve all of them, but in specific the 3 and 5's. 

Most of them say this:

• Expected Click Through Rate: Average
  • Ad Relevance: Above average
  • Experience on landingspage: Below average.

Is there someone who can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Youri Slijkoord

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Wooms N,

As the QS is lacking/poor due to the landing page experience which is below average.

Please go through the below shared link to improve your landing page experience

Understanding landing page experience

Expected CTR will get improved gradually.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Improve the QS of existing Campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Archit,

Thank you for answering! 

However, I've read on other communities that the explanation of landing page experience according to your link has nothing to do with increasing your QS Score. 

The site seems to be working just fine, here and there are things to optimize, but not that bad that it should be below average. Any comments on that?

Maybe it has something to do with conversions and that it takes time to gradually improve this score?

Kind regards,

Youri Slijkoord

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The most valuable component of QS is the Expected CTR.

I would like to suggest to review the search term report and add the most converting search queries as exact match keywords. This will improve the Expected CTR as more strict the keyword match type, better will be the expected CTR.

Please note that the color and the text of CTA button can also impact the number of conversions and the user behavior. So, keep testing different landing pages with different color themes and CTA/contact form location.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Archit,

I am already adding the converting search queries as an exact match type. 

So in general you are saying:

- CTR will increase gradually over time

- Landingpage score will increase gradually over time (take in mind that the adwords campaign is rather new)

Thank you for your input, do you have any more tips for me? Concerning landing pages and improving Quality Score?

Kind regards,

Youri Slijkoord

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Not the CTR but expected CTR will improve gradually if you have a good historical CTR.

Please note that Expected CTR and CTR are 2 different things. CTR is the ratio of clicks to the impression for your ads and is determined the same way for all the keywords match type. But Expected CTR is calculated by the system internally and highly influenced with the most tight keyword match type and the historical CTR.

Some more suggestions to improve the CTR:

Add ad extensions.

Review SQR and add negative keywords to limit the irrelevant clicks and impressions.

Use different match type keywords.

Bid for top positions.

Test different ad copies with strong CTA and offers(if any)

Regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Archit,

I understand what you are saying, all of what you said is in the campaign or has been previously done. Thank you for your input Archit.

Kind regards,

Youri Slijkoord