2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Improve the Expected click through rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my campaign's enhance bid rate is 30, but the daily budget 500rs per day. avg cpc of the actual keyword is 17.88rs, but still the avg position of the ads in search engine is 2.3

Sample.PNG

When i mouse over on the status, it says below Sample1.PNG

Could someone help me with improving the Expected clickthroughrate? what am i missing here?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Arul A,

When you have added this keyword?

What was the past performance(CTR, Avg position) of this keyword?

Expected CTR depends on the historical performance and will improve gradually over time if it performs good.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

For the below expected click through rate, you should try and change your ad copy content so that it gets in sync with your keywords that you are advertising across the account. Keywords relevancy coupled with relevant ad copy text is the key here. 

So ideally you should be looking at the ad group structure and theme whether it syncs properly (keywords + ad copy combination)

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have added this keyword when i start the campaign, The campaign is been live for the last 4 days.

As you said "Expected CTR depends on the historical performance and will improve gradually over time if it performs good." - in this case what to do to make a keyword perform well? I believe, increasing bid is the only solution

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Make sense, Let me try with adding more ad copies.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Average position of 2.3 is not bad at all. 

I have found it the best position in most of the cases(except brand) providing maximum ROI.

Let it run for 1 more week as the CTR is good for this keyword.

Have you noticed that your limited budget is the issue which is restricting your ads to trigger all the time?

Check few important metrics including Search exact match impression share, search impressions lost due to low due to limited budget.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Hi there,

Improve your CTR by creating more appealing ad copy, and using negative keywords so that your ads don't appear for irrelevant searches. 

Be aware that Quality Score is not absolute, it is relative to your competitors. 

You most likely have a competitor who has a higher CTR from their ads - so look in the Ad Preview tool for inspiration.