3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Improve landing page experience quality score with single keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running some single and multi-word keywords that go to the same landing page. The multi-word keywords have an "above average" landing page experience in the quality score dialog, but the single word ones are only "average". Do I need to over stuff the content with that single keyword? I already use it in the page title, headlines and body copy.

Example:

Keyword: blerg = "average"

Keyword: blerg help = "above average"

I get "above average" landing page experience for all my multi-word keywords, it's just the single keyword ones that I'm having trouble with.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Improve landing page experience quality score with single keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi admin a,

Single term keywords in broad match are just too broad. There's nothing to qualify the user's intent. Example, a broad match keyword books. There's no way to know if the user wants to buy books, sell books, read free books, get books printed or published, or maybe the user wants someone to do his books.

Landing page experience has the least weight in the calculation of QS. If the keyword is working well for you, keep it and don't obsess over the landing page experience. If it's not working well, or if you need to bid too high for it to be profitable for you, you can try changing match-types. Run search term reports on the keywords. Add queries that perform well. Add as negative queries that do not perform well. Keep working on it and adjust your bids accordingly.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To follow with Pete; Remember that  a landing page experience is evaluated by a machine. Like any machine learning it's not perfect, If I could say it starlight: work on CTR to improve QS, All other metrics are "insignificant" compared to to CTR.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In order to try and improve the CTR, it is very important to include keywords which qualify user intent. Set of such keywords coupled with carefully mapped relevant ad copies will definitely help you improve the CTR which in turn will play an important role in improving the QS