AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Improve QS: Relevance (ad, landingpage,...) in keyword report?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Keywords have a little speech bubble giving me info about whats causing QS to be so low. Some say "ad relevance" some say "landingpage relevance".

Now.
I'd like to pull a report with these values (only visible in speech bubble) in their own colums, so i can start tracking down (filtering specifficaly those KWs that need "ad relevance" looked at vs. KWs that need LP-relevance improved.

How do i get those values to show in colums instead of only hiding inside speech bubble?
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floshkit
September 2015

Re: Improve QS: Relevance (ad, landingpage,...) in keyword report?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

From what I know of this isn't possible. What you could do is create a filter at the keyword level showing keywords with a QS of 6 and download these into a .csv

You then have a list of keywords which need some attention...

Actually, maybe pull off two reports, 4 and below and 5 and 6. The former are keywords which need immediate attention and the latter are your secondary attention.

In my opinion QS is a metric that people spend too much time pondering over. If you're account is set up efficiently, you have a good CTR and you have a relevant site/landing page you're pretty much diong everything you can.

Remember that there are many factors that determine QS, one of the main factors I have found is account history. Over time as you advertise more your QS will naturally improve.

Here's my advice:

• Ensure your CTR is decent (1%+)
  • Ensure your website/landing page is relevant to your keywords
  • Structure your account effectively by grouping similar keywords together and creating specific ads for each ad group
  • Ensure you have negatives in your acocunt to prevent your ads showing for irrelivant searches
  • Focus on ROI!

Happy advertising,

Ryan.

Ryan.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author floshkit
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello floshkit;

In addition to Ryan's answer:

Until you reach 1000 impressions, the QS is not based on your campaign performances: The QS is based on other advertisers' QS for the "exact match" type (of the KW). The "other advertisers OS" is serving your campaign until you reach 1000 impressions. At this point your campaign has gained enough impressions to get a CTR of its own.

CTR is the major component / part of QS. The higher the CTR - the higher the QS. If you want a higher QS, focus on your CTR.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks guys.

I got this account from a client yesterday. Just looking over it now.

How I got to the point of asking questions about QS:

a) Customer has a daily budget of 170 Euros. 

b) Cost are 15 Euros per day.

c) Why are 90 percent of the budget unused

--> impression share report says "due to rank". Since budget is sufficient, raising the CPC would only improve googles bottom line, so i tried figuring out whats wrong with QS.

--> QS for Keywords is miserable

--> Bubble says "Ad Relevance" issues (on some) and "landingpages relevance" on others.

so now i would like to fokus on either one of them separately. 

Out of 1500 keywords with yucky QS filter out those where adwords already told me whats wrong and only later fokus on the ones where the speech bubble says *everythingok even though QS is <6.

But I guess if what i am understanding from what both of you are saying>

a) fix campaign structure

b) fix landingpage issue *dedicated page for each adgroup

c) add more keywords to gather more impressions

and the rest will take care of itself.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@floshkit;

Yep;

Work "by the book " on campaign optimization:  the rest will fall into place. 

You can find many good tips on campaign optimization in the user articles section of the community. (On the upper navigation bar).

Keep us posted on your progress;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’