Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Community!!

I had a quick question about impressions. How is it that sometimes searching for my exact keyword on a google search there are 0 ads that pop up? But if I try again in a few minutes they may show up. Not complaining about my ads not showing up just wondering why on some search queries no Ad Words ads show up? Maybe it is to let SEO work it's magic once in a while?

Thanks in advance,

PPCNG

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCNewGuy
September 2015

Re: Preview Tool

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PPCNewGuy; welcome ;

Make sure that you are using the "built in"  preview tool to ensure that no cookies are stored on your PC, that can bias  / skew the impressions. The preview tools do not store cookies and simulates a query by a random user. 

Read more :

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=148778

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Moshe -

Understood.. But even in the preview there is a lack of ads that show up. We are a retailer, so is it possible the manufacturer's own retail site is incahoots (sp) with Google somehow and can pay to not show any other ads? Maybe I am a little overboard on my thinking but a lot of Google is a mystery.

Thanks for the info,

PPNG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCNewGuy
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again PPCNewGuy

Quote:

• so is it possible the manufacturer's own retail site is in cahoots (sp) with Google somehow and can pay to not show any other ads?

I was on my way out, when saw your last post on my mobile, and came back to answer, since it is a serious point:

"No way"!

Google makes money by showing users relevant ads to the user's search query! Not - by no means - by eliminating / removing / masking ads. This is a basic / essential principle of AdWords! (Relevant ads to a user's query)

If your ad is not showing we need to look for the reason somewhere else: is there enough budget ? Are you scheduling? (hours during the day for ads not to appear?)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"No way"!

Google makes money by showing users relevant ads to the user's search query! Not - by no means - by eliminating / removing / masking ads. This is a basic / essential principle of AdWords! (Relevant ads to a user's query)

Eh i'm not convinced. Smiley Sad

If your ad is not showing we need to look for the reason somewhere else: is there enough budget ? Are you scheduling? (hours during the day for ads not to appear?)

Maybe I can PM you and give you my keyword example.. It's not my account nor my ads as previously stated. Sometimes when typing in this example keyword NO ads show to the right and maybe sometimes they (as in this specific manufacturer) will get a top position ad showing or a places extension, but thats it.. It's not my scheduling and it's not my budget.. Not trying to be a stickler here it's just really odd. I really don't want to reveal my keyword publicly so I'm sure this isnt interesting for the rest of the community but I appreciate the thoughts.

Thanks,

PPCNG

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
HI PPC New Guy,

Are the keywords labeled "low search volume"?

Some keywords are low search volume (labeled in the UI or not) and sometimes ads don't appear or they are actually on the bottom of the page. I have a client who experiences too much bottom of page serving.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi PPC New Guy, 

Thanks for your post and thanks too to everyone who has contributed some ideas here! 

There is a minimum quality threshold that needs to be met for ads to show on AdWords, even if there is no other advertiser showing for a particular query. In this instance you might want to try and optimise your campaign by looking at your ad rank, which is made up of your bid and quality score. This link here will give you a few tips of quality score if you'd like any help with this. 

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All -

Thanks so much for the replies!! I thought maybe I was not explaining my issue correctly so I called Google. I think the issues comes down to relevancy to my specific quiery. And also I learned the Google places is not actaully an extension from adwords. When I type in my keyword, ads show, (when I say ads I mean any ads from any other site too). Later when searching my keyword and ads do not show is because Google saw the ads from my previous quiery as not relevant because I didn't click on them, and only displays the Google Places because of relevancy to my keyword. This is what was explained on the phone to me. Sorry if thats how you guys were trying to explain it to me I just was not understanding it. I was thinking my QS and relevancy specific to my single exact keyword. I think I have it figured out now thanks again for all the advice and information. Sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding.

PPCNG