Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Impressions down for no reason

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips on how to increase my impressions.

My account has all the same keywords running it used to, the bids and positions are the same or if not the same or higher yet my impressions are massivley down.

My QS is on average 9 and I have a really high impressions share - I'm at a loss as what to try!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Laura

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Impressions down for no reason

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Laura,

There are few reasons which will help you to analyze why the impressions goes down.

a) Sometimes, Ads are not eligible to show occasionally based on your budget limitations.
b) Due to adding Negative Keywords in the adgroup/campaign level.
c) Change in Campaign delivery settings: Accelerated to Standard.

d) Due to pause of Search Partners.

e) Change Geo Targeting settings.

Ankit Kapoor.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Laura,

IMO, you should first compare your Impression Share during the time you think it went down with the exact past time period. This would statistically give you an idea of which all campaigns got a hit broadly.

Then check your change history stats and see what all changes you made which could have led to the fallen down of your impressions.

Outside factors does matter like competition went up all of sudden and advertisers spending more which increases the bid to compete during the ad auction.

Also review the Lost Impression Share due to budget and Rank and see which all ad groups are affected. You need to work to reduce this specific metric Lost IS and increase the other competitive metrics like Search Impression Share and Display Impression Share whatever applicable as per your account settings.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you both for your replies.

I did turn off search partners probably about 18 months ago as it didn't seem to do that well for us - would you recommend I start using them again? Do people find they work?

Thanks,
Laura

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Laura, you can definitely give try with Search Partners. As you paused it long time ago.
And after then Google comes with lots of new updates.

I have many of my clients running campaigns with Search Partners and for most of them it is performing well with lowest possible cpc and good no. of conversions.

Thanks
Ankit Kapoor.