3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Impressions and Click suddenly drop to zero

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, I need some help. I have a Search campaign that has been running pretty well for quite some time. The last couple of days the impressions and clicks suddenly dropped to zero. No major changes were done. A little CPC tweaking, which was done before too. Nothing drastic. Also for the same campaign it continues telling me I do not have dynamic search targets and ads....I never put dynamic search on that campaign. When I checked in the settings, there is nothing for dynamic search there.

Please, help me, this campaign was one of my best performing and now everything is gone to waste. Thanks!

Regards,

Petya

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Impressions and Click suddenly drop to zero

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Petya,

Few things to look for in this particular situation:-

1. Do the keyword diagnosis and hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual keyword and see what message are you getting. Does it says ads running or not?

2. I hope your Billing is fine and it's not that the whole account is not triggering any ad. If that's not true, you should be looking at Billing settings and see the last transactions happened.

3. I don't know if in addition to you, someone else also has access to your account. If yes, then you should be checking the Change History Report for any changes being made outside your knowledge.

4. I hope you didn't set any end dates to your campaign. You can see that inside the Campaign settings.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,
Thanks for the insights.
1. They do show that ads are running. Everything looks fine. They have been running for 4 months now without any issues.
2. Billing is fine, all other campaigns are running fine.
3. I have checked the changes log a thousand times to see what's wrong, but nothing is a red flag.
4. No end dates.

Thanks again!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Petya,

What campaign type is it? Search Network all features or different?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

It is Search Network only - all features.

Petya

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Petya,

In normal scenarios, it shouldn't be happening like this. 

Try looking and see if you added some negative keywords, which might be preventing ads to be running.

Also, there is a possibility that the changes you made sometime back are lately affecting this campaign in terms of CPC tweaks or any other changes.

Also see if there are some other match type keywords related to the same keywords which might be triggering ads and preventing these ads from running.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

No negative keywords or other match type issues.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Petya,

Pankaj has suggested all of the correct starting points, those are the same questions I had myself. I am hoping I can chime in a few more ideas, as well.

Did any of your CPC tweaks drop keywords below the first page bid, by chance? Do you notice any specific keywords that have dropped in traffic, or is it across the board? If just a few, I would check the keyword health for each of the specific keywords to ensure that they are still showing and QS looks good.

You might also want to take a look at your auction insights report. It's possible that one of your competitors has beefed up their bids on the terms you are bidding on.

I would also take a look at search network performance, it's possible that something has changed there and you might be losing impressions on partner sites.

Hope this helps!
Amy Bishop, Clix Marketing

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hello Petya,

With all the right suggestions from Pankaj and Amy given here to your help, I would advise you to try the Ad Troubleshooter.

Please find it here https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/1711301?hl=en#ts=1712925

Thanks
Ratan

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Ratan,
Thank you for that insight. Did not give me helpful results. Problem persists.