Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Impression Drop For Display Campaigns in Middle East and Africa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey All,

I have noticed that for one of my PPC account, there is a very big impression drop from 9am to say around 7pm in the display campaigns targeting Africa and Middle East.  The impression drop is so severe that the impressions drop to upto 90% during this time interval which has been affecting my campaign performance adversely.  There is no such seasonality for the search campaigns hence it cannot be ruled out as search trend or some kind of seasonality for the particular business vertical.  I have double checked all campaign settings to verify that this is not resulted by any kind of scheduling in the campaign settings.  Does anyone have any idea why this is happening in the account?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Impression Drop For Display Campaigns in Middle East and Africa

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If this data is very fresh you may want to give it 24 hours and look back again.  Sometimes, just sometimes there is a delay in reporting.

One thing to look at in the meantime is the domains you were appearing on.  How are you targeting the DN?  Auto/managed placements, topics, interests, remarketing, etc?  You may want to look into the sites you have been appearing on to see if you are no longer appearing on a top producer now.  Go to the Display Network tab and the Show Details link to see a breakdown of the sites your ads have been served on.  Compare the previous "working" to the current "not working" and see of some site(s) dropped from the list most recently to explain the sudden decrease.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Was this campaign running for sometime(meaning days) and you are seeing such drop only recently? 

There can be many factors which can affect display network, including any new competetitor coming in.  Did you make any change like bids, budget for the campaign?

Thanks,

Nimesh.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Nimesh1984;

Verify that the campaign scheduling is set for the correct time zone;

Your AdWords account could be set to Pacific time; while 9am till 7 pm Pacific is night-time in the Middle East and Africa.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This data is not a reporting error and could not be attributed to placements which are no longer in play because the campaign performance actually picks up after 7pm or so.

I have also verified that this is not a time zone difference and confirmed since we are on Cyprus time with only 2 hours time difference with Africa.  So a change in time difference should not show such severe (close to 90%) drop in impressions.

The change in competition factor would suggest that the competitor is out bidding me only for a particular time period which as it might suggest would be kind of unlikely (not impossible though).  The only way would be to check all these actual placements at the said time period which would be a fairly tedious procedure because of the kind of data involved.

Could there be any other reason why Google would be restricting (or suspending) visibility of my ads on particular placements for a specific time duration.  Rest assured this is an issue that we have had for quite sometime now. Smiley Sad

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@Arun_Ashokkumar;
If your ads' status is "approved", then it is approved for all day scheduling and for all audiences. (Restrictions are generally applied towards audiences. E.g.: adult only, non-family safe etc..)
Arun_Ashokkumar wrote:

Could there be any other reason why Google would be restricting (or suspending) visibility of my ads on particular placements for a specific time duration. Rest assured this is an issue that we have had for quite sometime now. Smiley Sad

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’