Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Importing selected Google Analytics Goals into Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Currently wanting to import Google Analytics Goal conversions (non e-commerce) into Adwords for performance optimization purposes.

The current situation is we have 6 goal conversions set up in Google Analytics. However, I only want Adwords to be optimized towards 2 goals only. I still want to be able to report on all 6 goals from Google Analytics. I have been told I can either import ALL 6 goals or no goals. We cannot select specific Google Analytics goals to import. Is this the case?

If yes, then what if I set up a new View within Google Analytics and set the new view up with my 2 desired goals and import the gloals from that View? This will allow me to optimize towards these 2 goals in Adwords but still report on all 6 goals from the original Google Analytics View.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Importing selected Google Analytics Goals into Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as I remember, if your AdWords is linked with Analytics, you can import the goals as conversions inside AdWords interface. You do get the option to import goals based on when they started appearing inside AdWords interface. So try and see what all options you are getting. There is a possibility that due to time lag, goals importing option takes time, otherwise it shouldn't be a big challenge.

Read this reference for more insights:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en&vid=1-635763471601412986-3833650337

Pankaj