AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Image Display Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

I am running Image Display Campaign and I see my ads are visible on http://www.f-16.net/, http://www.rentalhouses.com, http://www.astrotheme.com/

but my Niche is Graphic Designs. I know I can exclude these sites, but my question is how i can show my sites on my particular Graphic Niche without Include or Exclude. 

My another questions is-

Is it possible my banner ads show on those sites which PR is more than 5 and Alexa is less than 10000

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Image Display Campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Lisa C,

Welcome to the forum,

You can run your ads on Managed placements where you will choose the websites where you want to show your ads & you will have the option to assign a unique bid to a specific webpage.Use "Display Planner Tool" to find the relevant sites.

You can not target sites based on PR.That option is not available in Adwords.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Lisa,

I'd suggest using a combination of keywords + topics to refine your targeting and make it more specific. I didn't quite understand your second question. Could you elaborate?

Sumanth Sridhar

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Lisa,

Targeting by keywords alone would be a bit broader that the required to stay focused to your action-oriented business goal. It may be fine if you aim merely branding. But if you aim conversions, being more specific by narrowing the targets further is something I would advise. 

It should be fine if you go with a combination of keywords and topics(as advised above). Running with this setup for a few weeks you would be able to analyse top performing placements. Then the next step can be to switch those top performing placements to managed ones. This way you will have more control on the placements eventually. 

Even in the initial weeks, it's better to keep checking the placements tab to see if your ads are serving to the right placements. if you find any thing irrelevant, you should keep excluding them. As advised, if you go with a combination of targeting, e.g. keywords and topics, you would not see much irrelevancy, however, it cannot be denied completely, considering the huge inventory of Google Display Network. 

It will keep getting more targeted and rewarding as you continue to work with them. 

One more thing, when the goal is conversion, it's better to expand to SNDS first and then having a dedicated campaign for Display Network if required. Even if you choose to go with Display Network dedicatedly, do not rely only on keywords, use a combination of targeting instead. That's what I prefer.

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lisa,

What targeting method are you using at the moment? Keywords, placements, topics, interests, demographics..?

If you are not sure about them, I would advise you to read this resource here - http://www.google.co.in/ads/displaynetwork/manage-your-ads/targeting-tools.html

Still have questions? Come back here. 

To your second question - No there's no automated method to filter websites based on PR or Alexa ranks. However, you can add them manually as 'managed' placements. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Lisa C,

Welcome to the forum,

You can run your ads on Managed placements where you will choose the websites where you want to show your ads & you will have the option to assign a unique bid to a specific webpage.Use "Display Planner Tool" to find the relevant sites.

You can not target sites based on PR.That option is not available in Adwords.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Lisa,

I'd suggest using a combination of keywords + topics to refine your targeting and make it more specific. I didn't quite understand your second question. Could you elaborate?

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Keywords are my Target method..

Please suggest me good ways to get my desire goal
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Lisa,

Targeting by keywords alone would be a bit broader that the required to stay focused to your action-oriented business goal. It may be fine if you aim merely branding. But if you aim conversions, being more specific by narrowing the targets further is something I would advise. 

It should be fine if you go with a combination of keywords and topics(as advised above). Running with this setup for a few weeks you would be able to analyse top performing placements. Then the next step can be to switch those top performing placements to managed ones. This way you will have more control on the placements eventually. 

Even in the initial weeks, it's better to keep checking the placements tab to see if your ads are serving to the right placements. if you find any thing irrelevant, you should keep excluding them. As advised, if you go with a combination of targeting, e.g. keywords and topics, you would not see much irrelevancy, however, it cannot be denied completely, considering the huge inventory of Google Display Network. 

It will keep getting more targeted and rewarding as you continue to work with them. 

One more thing, when the goal is conversion, it's better to expand to SNDS first and then having a dedicated campaign for Display Network if required. Even if you choose to go with Display Network dedicatedly, do not rely only on keywords, use a combination of targeting instead. That's what I prefer.

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha