AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

If you 'undo' a change to your account, can you 'redo' it later?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I recently made a lot of new, small changes to my Adwords account, such as changing multiple keywords from broad match to phrase match, removing keywords, and changing the manual bidding on certain keywords. 

We have not been seeing the same results with our Adwords account since then, so I would like to go back and "undo" all of those changes, and see if that makes a difference. I know I can do that in Change History, as long as each action has the undo button there. However, here's my main question: Once I "undo" a change to my account/campaign is it lost forever or will there be an option to "redo?" 

I spent a lot of time going through and changing all the keywords match types, and I just wanted to check and see if there would be an option to "redo" those changes if I do decide to "undo" them.

Thanks for your time and help! 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: If you 'undo' a change to your account, can you 'redo' it later?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Not sure I fully understand the question;
The undo functions similar to any undo operator  in common applications.  The last change is rolled back.
>>"The "Undo" feature lets you roll back most types of changes, as long as they were made in the last 30 days. This will revert the change to its previous state."
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454137?hl=en.

Once rolled back, if you want to apply it again, the operation / task has to be done on the relevant tab (e.g. Keywords tab, ads tab...) in the UI.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jessica T
April 2016

Re: If you 'undo' a change to your account, can you 'redo' it later?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jessica,

Let me add on a little bit to Moshe's reply here.

As he stated, the 'undo' functionality isn't meant for testing and for regular turn on/turn off changes. I see it more of a mistake catcher. Smiley Happy

In the future, you may want to look into creating some draft campaigns and experiments to test out some changes like these. This way, once the experiment is completed, you'll have the option to stop the changes all together or apply them to a campaign. Again, this doesn't mean you can undo them all at once or anything, it's more of a way to be sure that the changes you're looking at will provide the results you're looking for, prior to applying directly to campaigns.

You can read more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6318732?hl=en

Generally speaking, you want to make decisions for your account based around as much data as possible so you don't need to turn back very often or at all.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’