AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

If two ad groups triggering same search term?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it good or bad if any search tearm is triggered by more than one keyword in an account ?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: If two ad groups triggering same search term?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anjani,

Welcome to the comunity..!

Keywords just triggers your ad, but the users will see only your ad.

So it is very important to make sure that the keyword with the most suitable ad for the search query triggers your ads.

Hope what I stated above makes sense

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Anjani,

Just to set the "terms" correctly;

• A keyword is matched to a search term (aka search query);
  • An ad is triggered by a keyword;

Try to avoid similar keywords in different ad-groups. They will compete among themselves, which one triggers the ad, and you might find an ad from the "other group" shown to the user.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anjani,

Welcome to the community

•     If you are using same keyword match type in different campaigns/adgroups in  your account then it is not a good adword management
  • But if your are using the same keyword but different match type then it should not be a problem.Suppose you have two ad groups 

Ad group 1 : Keyword ("men shoes") : ad copy1

Ad group 2 :Keyword ("+men +shoe") :ad copy 2

Then if anyone searches for  "buy men shoes" then  google can show both Ad copy1 & Ad copy2 but before showing your ad google will check the relevency of the search term and your keywords and choose the best relevent keyword.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I think it is a typical behaviour which many of the advertisers can witness inside their account. But the best part is that you can review the search terms report and also see that which particular keyword matched with which particular search term and in which match type. So extracting the spread sheet and doing some permutation and combinations, you might consider using the embedded negative keywords at ad group level so that you can try to project a particular ad copy when a particular keyword matches with the search term.

http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=23649&guide=23648&page=gui...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@shuva;

It is not that straight forward answer;....

It is a much more complex algorithm. Since it is that complex; the best would be to read it in the help center. (Find a quiet place, where you can focus....) - there are 3 main scenarios and many exceptions,

How similar keywords match to search terms

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@Moshe

Thank you for your feedback regarding my post.I do agree with you.

I have just shared my thoughts in a simpliest way.

Thanx once again.Its really nice to get some knowledge from the person like you..

Regards,