AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

If a keyword triggered a conversion should I make it exact mtch type?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DOOR3 E
September 2015

Re: If a keyword triggered a conversion should I make it exact mtch ty

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Door3, are we talking about a single conversion here?  If so then definitely not.  One conversion is way too little data to use for decision making purposes.  One of the biggest risks of running AdWords is in making decisions based upon too small a data set.  One conversion could have been a random fluke, a sale that happens once a year and never again.

In most cases with AdWords you need to look at a longer view - weeks, possibly months in some cases, before you can make informed decisions.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DOOR3 E
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Door3, are we talking about a single conversion here?  If so then definitely not.  One conversion is way too little data to use for decision making purposes.  One of the biggest risks of running AdWords is in making decisions based upon too small a data set.  One conversion could have been a random fluke, a sale that happens once a year and never again.

In most cases with AdWords you need to look at a longer view - weeks, possibly months in some cases, before you can make informed decisions.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Jon!

I understand that 1 is not a enough, but we have very low QS on some of the keywords and I have noticed that when I change the match type to exact match after a conversion the QS goes up.

Now the question is: is this kind of artificial boost or it will lead to better performance