Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Identifying keywords relate to Last Minutes Travelers

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have few clients in to Travel industry and we get enough leads and each month I am meeting my targets. Now, one of my client is telling me,  he is getting more conversions for comings months and not for the existing month. So he gave me two tasks (tasks are mention below). I am not sure, what I am trying to do is correct. Hence your experience and recommendations are welcome. 

Tasks : 

1) Target keywords which bring more leads related to that month ( last minutes travelers or similar)

2) Target more Positive inquiries.( Actually he like to get more than 95% Positive inquiries.)

What I thought to do:

I will go through a list of inquiries that converted within that month for last few months and try to identify the Keywords which are bringing visitors that convert within that month. 

But, I am not sure how to get Positive inquiries more than 90%. At the moment we get 60% - 65% Positive inquiries per month. How can I increase this? As I know we can miss a opportunity because of the competition.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Identifying keywords relate to Last Minutes Travelers

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ishana,

Did you fully integrate your CRM and Analytics so you can see all Positive inquiries there?
Since adwords has introduced custom columns, you can see different types of conversions on campaigns level and readjuste your budget accordigly.

So for example you will see that campaign "A" has generated 100 "sign in" conversions, 76 from which became "sale" conversions and campaign "B" has generated 100 conversions, 30 from which became "sale".
You can add more than 2 types of conversion if you would like to. 
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454071?hl=en

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
1) It's possible only if u segment your keywords, that consist specified words. Like this. http://clip2net.com/s/3gsv9Dg If u are using commonly using keywords like "travel deals" there is no way to target specified audience excep using Ad copies with text like "Only last minute deals'. But this is not very good way, because u will get misclicks
2) This only depends on quality of your landing page and form. Ask something more complicated than just Name and contact info. Like travel dates. Also use good javascript validator to prevent low-quality inquiries.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Alexey,

Thanks and appreciate your quick response.

Yes, I have integrated GA properly with Adwords account and I am measuring the bounce rate too. I know about custom columns and thanks for reminding that Smiley Happy

Your logic is correct. But I am sorry, I don't understand how to link information as your saying.

We don't have a system. Once we get the Enquiry, we manually send an email to the requester. Then based on the reply we decide as a positive enquiry or as a negative enquiry. End of each week, I am getting an excel sheet from client including converted conversions and other info.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your feedback.

1) Yes we have few keywords similar to what you have given, so I will segment them and try to find insights. 

2) We have an averagely good landing page which collect info more than Email ID and Name. We actually have few landing pages based on the targeted geographic locations. In addition, we do A/B testing for some landing pages and we have succeed on that.

Thanks again and appreciate your support.  

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If u want to get info about positive inquiries in your analytics and them make decisions which keywords are bringing you most of them and which must excluded u must do this:
1) Grab CID paremeter and Put it to your form like a hidden field . Code looks like this
<script>
ga(function(tracker) {
clientId = tracker.get(‘clientId’);
document.forms[0].cid.value = clientId
});
</script>
<input type=”hidden” id=”cid” name=”cid”>
2) After you make a decision is inquiry positive or not u must use Meuserement protocol to push data about conversion to your analytics.

when positive
http://www.google-analytics.com/collect?v=1&tid=UA-YOUR-PROPERTY&cid=ID_WHICH_U_GET&t=event&ec=inqui...
when negative
http://www.google-analytics.com/collect?v=1&tid=UA-YOUR-PROPERTY&cid=ID_WHICH_U_GET&t=event&ec=inqui...

then set-up your goals in analytics by events

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Ishana, I was writing about full integration with your CRM system and google analytics (not with adwords) so you would be able to see positive enquiries in adwords. Ivan have gave you some insights regarding this point.

Also you can set up A-B experiemetns in Google Analytics and split test your landing page so you will not get unwanted conversions which don't transform into sales and increase conversion rate.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ivan,

Thanks, I will try this and see.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆