Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ideal CTR

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

CTR of a single phrase match keyword in my a/c is 11.11%.

After including, just in the past few days the keyword got 9 impressions and 1 click with an average position of 1.2.

However, my QS has already been brought down from 6 to 3 due to this, and the Expected CTR is showing 'Below Avg'

Just wondering what CTR is ideal to keep the QS not impeded.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mainak Banerjee
July 2016

Re: Ideal CTR

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mainak Banerjee there really is no "ideal" CTR, so it's impossible to give you a figure.  Personally I'd say that 11% is respectable in any situation, but I've seen this warning in my own Accounts for CTRs even higher in some cases.  However, 9 impressions over a few days really isn't anywhere near enough data to make any useful decisions and if you're only looking at a single click over that period, the impact on overall Account spend is going to be tiny.  I wouldn't spend any time worrying about such a small detail.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Mainak,

Agree with Jon and i will recommend to add more keywords related to your products or services and wait for some time to college some data then you can decide accordingly.

Thanks,
Anand

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Jon_Gritton,

Many thanks. I've just sent you an email via filling in the form in your contact us page.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.