AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I would like to run a CPA campaign, Will this cost me more than PPC ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I was just wondering if a campaign for CPA would cost more than PPC? I mean this in the was of getting a first page Ad. 

Thanks in Advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I would like to run a CPA campaign, Will this cost me more than PP

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Your actual CPA depends on factors outside Google's control such as changes to your website and ads, or external factors such as increased competition. So it's possible that your actual CPA may exceed the max. CPA or target CPA bid you specify. Conversion Optimizer uses historical conversion data to predict the likelihood your ads will convert. If your actual conversion rate turns out to be lower than the predicted conversion rate, your actual CPA may exceed your max. CPA or target CPA bid. But because the system is designed to adjust over the long term, the likelihood of your actual CPA exceeding your bid decreases the longer you use CPA bidding.

Details at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472713?hl=

Re: I would like to run a CPA campaign, Will this cost me more than PP

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Simon,

In addition to what Jatinder said, Target CPA does not work on the basis of top positions, It works on the basis on Conversions. Google Automatically decide the best positions so that users likely be convert.
Please read the below article for more information:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Determine-Bid-Strategy-Based-on-Your-Conversio...
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’