AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I would like to rotate the SAME AD evenly which will go to two separate landing pages. Possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to rotate the SAME AD evenly (2 of them) and send that traffic to two separate URLS. Is this possible? I know I can rotate evenly indefinitely but not sure about the same exact ad.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
August 2016

Re: I would like to rotate the SAME AD evenly which will go to two separate landing pages. Possible?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Matthew,

You certainly can. The system does not look at your ad content, it just switches off the process of serving the best performing ads.

Normally, if the ads have exactly the same text, then they should receive equal impressions... However, if the landing pages are different, they could have different quality scores and therefore the serving could still be uneven.

Choosing which ad to show, and showing ads more because they have performed better, are two different processes. And you can only switch off the latter.

Re: I would like to rotate the SAME AD evenly which will go to two separate landing pages. Possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rob,

On another note, expanded text ads has appeared to FORCE us to display our subdomain of the destination URL. In our case we have may have something like:

https://tracking.domain.com/keyword&adgroup&finalurl=https://www.domain.com/finalurlforkeyword as an example.

So in our ads, no matter what we try, we will always see "tracking.domain.com" in the DISPLAY URL. We would rather show domain.com/keyword in the display URL. Obviously this is not optimal for us since of the negative connotation of the word "tracking" being shown in the ad.

Do we really have to setup a whole new subdomain now with this change and hence new tracking server? Isn't there a way around this through the ad URL options? If so I cannot figure that out just yet and suggestions welcome.

Thanks!