AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I would like to increase the conversion rate on my ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I have been playing around with ad words recently and am trying to hone in on conversion tracking.  Also, I can't seem to get very many impressions using the keyword or serach network, and end up having results that move like a snail.  When I activate the display network, I get plenty of clicks, but no conversions.  (My conversion tracking is set up for a form fill)  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Darrin

www.rfrlmtg.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I would like to increase the conversion rate on my ads

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi,

There are many things that you can do to increase you conversion rates.

1- Look at the search terms from the dimension tool, and from the search terms list, add those keywords as negative keyword which are not relevant to you business.

2- From the dimension tool, look at the user location data and try to focus on only those areas from where the conversions are coming.

3- Try using 2-3 variations of landing pages and see which one is performing well.

4- Try to analyze at what time and on what days most conversions come. So, you can improve for ad rank on those specific time to increase the conversion

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
I ran a lead based PPC campaign couple of weeks back. My learning from that campaign was that for a lead based PPC campaign, three things are very important.

1- Conversion Tracking should be properly installed, so that you can tracking all your conversions. And in the end calculate the ROI generated from the PPC campaign.
2- Your landing page should be good and the lead generation form should be upfront.
3- You must be offering something to the people giving you their contact details

I am sharing you a landing page for a lead based PPC campaign.
http://wordpress.cloudways.com/

In this landing page you can see that a free e-book is offered to everyone who fills up the from which increase the probability that the visitor landing on your page will give you his/her details. Secondly, the lead generation from is up front.
We got exceptional results from this campaign.
I hope you also get fruitful results from your campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Darrin, Sayem has given some good advice but I would just caution about the use of an incentive to complete a form.  If Google believes the primary purpose of the site is to collect user information, you may fall foul of the Information Harvesting policy.  If your site has a valid purpose behind it you should be OK but be aware of the Policy details below:

Policy on Information Harvesting.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits