AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I would like to Target the searchers of Google.com.ar that are located in USA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I try to do it it seems to be contradictory targeting options.

I'll be happy to get advices Smiley Happy

Thanks

Ayala 

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Good morning, Ayala.   I'm not quite sure what it is you'...

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning, Ayala.

I'm not quite sure what it is you're saying here, but I'm going to assume that you're trying to make sure that your ads are served only on Google, and not on the Search partners or the Display Network?

To have your ads served only on Google.com, you need to go to the settings page of your campaign, find the Networks and devices section, and make sure that "Google search" is the only option checked.

Then go to the Locations and languages section and select the USA as your geographic territory.

If this doesn't answer your question, please post a clarification.

Thanks!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Targeting Google.com.ar

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Ayala;

Could it be that you are looking to target search terms only done on google.com.ar by users who are located in the USA?

If this is the case, the best would be to target "USA" as location + Spanish as language.

However; the result would be that a user would be shown ads relevent to Argentina in Spanish, but since the user located in the USA, he may also see ads in Spanish relevent to his location in the USA.

-Moshe

Edited : OOPS my typo   should have been loaction USA + language : Spanish

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Are the users searching from Google.com.ar, or are they o...

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Are the users searching from Google.com.ar, or are they on Google.com, using Spanish language browser settings... 

For a client in a very similar situation, the results are interesting. From analytics, it looks like users in the US, not only use the Spanish language browser, but do also use other nations domains. At least, when targeting user location, and search intent. Thanks for asking the question, this is interesting...

I think that you may want to target both the US and Argentina, using the Spanish language. Then if your reach is too broad, you can always restrict your reach. My experience has been that the Spanish speaking audience in the US is completely under-served. It's hard to have too broad of a reach in the US Spanish search marketplace right now. Smiley Happy

Here's an example of how complicated it can get:

http://www.thomascreekconcepts.com/the-queens-speech-vs-colonial-dialects/

Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Good morning, Ayala.   I'm not quite sure what it is you'...

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning, Ayala.

I'm not quite sure what it is you're saying here, but I'm going to assume that you're trying to make sure that your ads are served only on Google, and not on the Search partners or the Display Network?

To have your ads served only on Google.com, you need to go to the settings page of your campaign, find the Networks and devices section, and make sure that "Google search" is the only option checked.

Then go to the Locations and languages section and select the USA as your geographic territory.

If this doesn't answer your question, please post a clarification.

Thanks!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Targeting Google.com.ar

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Ayala;

Could it be that you are looking to target search terms only done on google.com.ar by users who are located in the USA?

If this is the case, the best would be to target "USA" as location + Spanish as language.

However; the result would be that a user would be shown ads relevent to Argentina in Spanish, but since the user located in the USA, he may also see ads in Spanish relevent to his location in the USA.

-Moshe

Edited : OOPS my typo   should have been loaction USA + language : Spanish

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Are the users searching from Google.com.ar, or are they o...

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Are the users searching from Google.com.ar, or are they on Google.com, using Spanish language browser settings... 

For a client in a very similar situation, the results are interesting. From analytics, it looks like users in the US, not only use the Spanish language browser, but do also use other nations domains. At least, when targeting user location, and search intent. Thanks for asking the question, this is interesting...

I think that you may want to target both the US and Argentina, using the Spanish language. Then if your reach is too broad, you can always restrict your reach. My experience has been that the Spanish speaking audience in the US is completely under-served. It's hard to have too broad of a reach in the US Spanish search marketplace right now. Smiley Happy

Here's an example of how complicated it can get:

http://www.thomascreekconcepts.com/the-queens-speech-vs-colonial-dialects/

Tom

I would like to Target the searchers of Google.com.ar that are located in USA Options

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good morning and sorry for not explaining better my question. We are a Telecom company that is selling the ability to have a cheaper international calls. I am targeting individuals that are leaving in the USA but are Argentinian by birth. But I don't want to target searchers that are physically located in argentina. As To my understanding I can in google Target by physical location or search location, meaning the serifs after the dot. But how can I have it the the physical is USA where as the search is Argentina, as an example Melisa is located in Florida but she is searching in Spanish for cheap calling options to Argentina in Google.com.ar. Is that even possible? Thanks so much for all the answers

Hello Ayala; The solution to your question is, as I expla...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Ayala;

The solution to your question is, as I explained in my first post:

Location targeting = USA;

Language: Spanish + English

The outcome would be that, your ads will be shown to users running queries on the Google.com  + other Google domains, for spanish Speakers who (the users) are located in the USA.

By setting language to Spanish you are targeting all users who use Google domains in Spanish including in Spain, Peru...You cannot target in AdWords  only by Google domains (e.g: in your case: google.com.ar)

-Moshe

Thank you all for the answers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭