AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I was wondering why is my avg cpc higher than estimated top page bid?

kph
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
kph
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I was wondering why is my avg cpc higher than estimated top page b

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello kph; welcome;

It is an estimate (as the name says) and should be looked as such. Every estimate has an error / variation that represents the "margin of error" of this number/ figure / magnitude

So, regard it as an approximation. By no means as a "guaranteed number"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

kph
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
kph
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!  I was just surprised that most of my Avg CPC for particular keywords are 4 to 8 times the Estimated Top Page Bid.

It appears as though I should lower my Max CPC more in line with the Estimated Top Page Bid.  Yes, I will lower my chances of being the Top Page Bid by a tad, but will save a lot of money.  Am I missing something?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I don't trust much those estimates....4-8 higher than  the estimate is high...

Lower the bid...

I  am also one of those who DO NOT run after the first place. As long as you are above search results ( 3 slots  in the yellow box), or the first or second position on the right side (overall positions  #1 to #5) -  I think you should be OK with CTR.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Please note the correction of typos in my 2nd answer. I was trying to type fast ...and omitted 2 words...