AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I was wondering why is my avg cpc higher than estimated top page bid?

kph
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
kph
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I was wondering why is my avg cpc higher than estimated top page b

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello kph; welcome;

It is an estimate (as the name says) and should be looked as such. Every estimate has an error / variation that represents the "margin of error" of this number/ figure / magnitude

So, regard it as an approximation. By no means as a "guaranteed number"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

kph
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
kph
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!  I was just surprised that most of my Avg CPC for particular keywords are 4 to 8 times the Estimated Top Page Bid.

It appears as though I should lower my Max CPC more in line with the Estimated Top Page Bid.  Yes, I will lower my chances of being the Top Page Bid by a tad, but will save a lot of money.  Am I missing something?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I don't trust much those estimates....4-8 higher than  the estimate is high...

Lower the bid...

I  am also one of those who DO NOT run after the first place. As long as you are above search results ( 3 slots  in the yellow box), or the first or second position on the right side (overall positions  #1 to #5) -  I think you should be OK with CTR.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Please note the correction of typos in my 2nd answer. I was trying to type fast ...and omitted 2 words...