AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I wanted to know if there's an automatic way that every weekend to increase the daily budget in 20%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I wanted to know if there's an automatic way that every weekend to increase the daily budget in 20% ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Guy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I wanted to know if there's an automatic way that every weekend to increase the daily budget in

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

You can use automated rules to increase budget by 20% on weekends. Please note: You'll have to create another rule to decrease the budget on weekdays. More info here.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author guy d
April 2016

Re: I wanted to know if there's an automatic way that every weekend to increase the daily budget in

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

yes, it can be done with automated rule for specific or all the campaigns.

click automate tab(near the +campaign tab) >> Change daily Budget when with requirement field as nothing >> frequency weekly >> select day and time when you want to increase >> use data from same day >> save.
(you can set the max budget limit also)

Then create another rule same as it but this time to decrease the budge % select the day and time)when you want to revert(decrease 20%)

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Another way to do this would be to go onto your settings. Then click Ad Schedule and increase the bid adjustment on saturday and sunday by 20%.

- Stephen

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hello Stephen,

There is a vast difference between increasing bids and increasing campaign budget.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,

Thanks I mis-read the thread!

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
Yes there is and yes, you will need two rules.

Rule 1 will be:
Select all Campaigns you want this applied to.
"Change Daily Budget When"
"Increase Daily Budget" 20% No Max Budget
Remove Requirements
Frequency: Weekly, Saturday 12 AM

Rule 2:
Select All Campaigns You Increase
"Decrease Daily Budget" "16.66667% No Min
No Requirements
Frequency Weekly Sunday 11 PM

To decide how much to decrease:
Multiple any budget by your increase X*(1+INC)
Subtract the original budget from the new budget and divide that smaller number by the new budget.
40*1.2=48
8/48 = .1666666667

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

No issue, You welcome Smiley Happy

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I didn't understand why i need to decrease the budget as well ?

The budget will stay normal during the week, and in the weekend he will increased by 20%. Than because
the rule is only set for the weekend, he will get back to the original budget...No ?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Once the automated rule comes into effect, it will continue to work until you will not stop it.
So, once the budget has been increased by a rule it need to be revert to normal by another(reverse) rule.

In the scenario, if you don't stop it, the automated rule will again come into effect on the next weekend and increase the budget again by 20% of the budget at that time. So, at every weekend it will continue to increase by 20% (20% + 20% +20%...)

Regards