AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I want to reach leaders/managers of small companies (SMB) for a display campaign?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a sort of B2B approach, for all small companies in a given town.

1 Expert replyverified_user

I want to reach leaders/managers of small companies (SMB) for a display campaign?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Paul,

Here are a couple ideas:

1. Target Placements (websites) which your target audience frequents

2. Target relevant Topics of websites. Some ideas include: "Professional & Trade Associations," "Project Management," and "Strategic Planning."

Best,

John

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I would just geo-target the entire town, small business owners and employees are everywhere, after all.  Target above age 18-21, and depending upon the vertical market perhaps target by gender, then use messaging to attract business owners and employees.  Target the major news and local news sites, sports, and locally-oriented information portals. Special interest sites will probably spread out your ad spend and be spotty. 

You can try to do this digitally using that or some of the useful ideas above.  I have done this for a web design company and it was ironically, one of the demographic targeting situations where direct mail turned out to be far more cost effective. And direct mail conversion rates can be pretty impressive, if it is done right. Physical media is persistent to there is remarketing "built in" when someone holds onto the card (include an incentive for them to do so - discount etcSmiley Happy

You can purchase a mailing list, or utilize the mailing list from the local chamber of commerce, and harvest information both from yellow pages, and online depending upon the size of the city.  The USPS has direct mail batch rates which discount the postage if you stick to their formats. 

So there's an "out of the box" idea for youSmiley Happy