5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I seem to be getting heaps of span and no real enquiry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anybody else had problems with spam. I have the same amount of hits as usual but am getting so many spam emails and hardly any genuine enquiry. its like the spammers are doing all the hits and using the daily limit up. can anyone help please?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I seem to be getting heaps of span and no real enquiry

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Donna,

If you are getting Invalid Clicks on your account - Google should credit you for these clicks. There is a column in your AdWords Dashboard that you can add called Invalid Clicks, just click on the Columns Button and add it. This will show you the amount of money you've been credited due to Invalid Clicks. You can also see this in your Transaction History under the Billing Tab.

With regards to receiving spam emails, are these coming through an enquiry form on your website? If so, have you tried installing a CAPTCHA code? Sometimes this can help reduce spam enquiries.

Sarah.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Donna,
Are you targeting both Search Network and Display Network in your Campaign?

If Yes, I would prefer you to monitor your Display Network campaign for the placements you are targeting. If you are really not sure about the Placements, I would prefer you start with "Search Network Only" Campaign first. You may first learn about Display Network Campaign Placements Strategy and then use it.

Wrt Search Network Only Campaigns, please make sure to use Specific Keywords instead of using Generic Keywords. For example, if you want to visitors looking for Barbie toy, I would prefer you to use "buy barbie toys" first instead of targeting "buy online toys". Please use Keywords Planner to acquire more such specific keywords.

Also, use "Broad Match Modifier", "Phrase Match" and "Exact Match" types for your keywords to start with. Do no use Broad Match keyword.

Analyze your "Search Terms" or "Matched Search Queries" every 3rd day for any negative terms.

Regards,
Balu
www.locsea.com/googleadwordsblog.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

One thought that came to mind - does your online email form require the use of a "captcha" or other device that prevents spam 'bots from making submissions?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*