AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I provide 3 services, How many adgroups needs t o be created and how many ad copies

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see I cannot put the customer ID, so will try and Explain the Situation. I'm into B to B business providing Legal Services. just 3 services in particular. The person handling my account says increasing the ad copies won't help, we need to wait for the existing ads to gain traction. I feel the Ad copies are not good enough and can be worked on or a new one needs to be added. Also, the keywords assigned to different ad groups are similar or sometimes the same. How does that help?? I have been told to create a Generic Landing page which will talk abt all the 3 services I provide, however, I feel that Every service deserves a separate landing page as customers will be given specific answers.Please somebody help, I have tried getting a google person to handle my account however they never call back. Please contact me asap

I provide 3 services, How many adgroups needs t o be created and how many ad copies

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

First, this is a volunteer technical support forum - it is not a place where you request for someone to "contact you asap".  You can get replies to technical questions about AdWords, from volunteer AdWords professionals here.  We do not work for Google.  Google sometimes monitors this forum and makes posts on occasion, but this is not the right place to get in touch with Google. 

Here is a list of the various ways to reach Google: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6273970

You referred to "the person handling your account", which would seem to indicate you are having it professionally managed. I found it a little difficult to understand exactly what you are saying, or what your question was in your post.  But I can share this, hopefully it will help:

Ad Groups are supposed to contain keywords which are very similar.  Each ad group points to one or more ads, which should have highly relevant ad copy.  The more the keywords and the copy in the ad are related, the higher the likelihood of your keywords having a high quality score, which leads to better ad ranks and lower click costs. The same applies to copy on the landing page which should be highly "related", or relevant to the keywords and ad copy.  

Therefore, it sometimes can help to have different landing pages for different ads.  However, it is not always necessary. To decide, one would have to look at the performance of your keywords, your ads, and your landing pages (conversion rates).  There are many educational resources you can access to learn more about these topics. 

hth!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Gautam K

It is true that adcopies may effect the performance but there can be other factors also which can drive result. It depends on the time since how long you are running same adcopies, you may try A/B testing to analyize which ad communication is working best for you. As you mentioned that you have B to B service so you may need to make sure that your ad communication should reflect B2B service.

It is suggested to have different adgroup as per the theme of the keyword (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375404?hl=en)

You may also check if you have covered all match type of keywords in different adgroups. You can read 'different type of match types' here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

One may have three different pages and single page for different services, you can do A/B landing page testing to see which type of page works best for you. You should also refer to Google Analytics (if you have) to analyze the audience behavior  

Hope I have clarified you queries

Taranjeet

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

"...increasing the ad copies won't help..."

True - The more ads you have in a single adgroup, the fewer impressions you will receive per ad, and the more diluted the data becomes. Ad testing is an integral and ongoing part of AdWords management, but you have to treat ad testing as a controlled experiment. Just adding a bunch of ads is perhaps the worst thing you could do. Take your time, and process the data methodically (just like if you were building a case).

"the keywords assigned to different ad groups are similar or sometimes the same. How does that help?"

It doesn't. Only one KW per account, per search query can show an ad. If you have the same KW's all over your account, and the account targeting is all the same (location, etc.), then you aren't going to have any control over which ad is shown for which KW (query). There may be something else going on here, and the strategy could have merit. Without knowing all the details we just have to assume. Smiley Happy

"I have been told to create a Generic Landing page which will talk about all the 3 services I provide, however, I feel that Every service deserves a separate landing page as customers will be given specific answers."

I hate it when people talk about "landing pages". Website content is what matters.

Yes - You should (could, may want to) have a top level services page with a brief description of all the services you provide. In fact, a simpler "mobile friendly" services page may be a winner. In addition, you can/should also have sub-menu pages that provide more details regarding each service. Those sub pages may not be as "mobile friendly", but if the user is showing interest in a particular service, then they can click through and find the additional information they are looking for.

Once you have that content on site, make sure you have a conversion strategy, google analytics, and establish some kind of value for your goals/conversions. Then you can view the behavior reports, and use the most valuable pages as final URLs (landing pages) for your continued ad testing.

Having a comprehensive, functional, informative website is what's most important. In many cases, the homepage can be the most valuable "landing page". As long as the website provides the functionality to meet the users needs, they can still find what they are looking for. Don't assume that users will make a conversion after only viewing a single page, or that you can "herd" people into a conversion through a single "landing page".

Furthermore, determining the end user intent from a search query alone is impossible sometimes. If a user is searching for the most generic term possible for your services, those can still be valuable queries. Especially if it's B2B, and a company is looking for someone to provide all those services - Which specific "landing page" is the right final URL in that case? 

Tom

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I can definitely relate with what Tom said.  The following is an issue with many (most?) search campaigns. It turns campaign design into partially, a (scientifically based) art form, e.g. like analog circuit design:

"determining the end user intent from a search query alone is impossible sometimes."