2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I need help with optimization across devices

N/A
# 1
N/A

In order to do some optimization work I decided to pull some worst profit ad groups  data from a campaign and decided to segement it by device,Tablet,Mobile and Desktop. To my surprise the 10 worst adgroups are all different accross the device mix ( Though there are a few adgroups present on either two or all the 3 device mix.) Is it fair to say then that the best way to optimize a an adgroup to improve performance is to do so by device? Should there be a different way/strategy to optimize a campaign for Mobile,Tablet and Desktop?

NB:with optimization I mean checking landing pages , modifying or pausing Adcopy/Split testing, Adding Keyword matching options ( negatives) , Pausing non performing keywords( High clicks low conversion rates)  or changing their match type etc. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Re: I need help with optimization across devices

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

How can he/she do a bid adjustment of -50% for laptops ? I thought that now the only bid adjustment left is for mobiles and that tablets and desktops use the standard MaxCPC bids .

My suggestion would be to set -100% on mobiles where they do not convert and to create the same ad group with low "default MaxCPC" but a +300% increase for mobiles. This setup is described in detail here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Mobile-only-settings-for-Enhanced-Campaign/m-p/13...

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You could always do a "bid adjustment" for the devices (like -50% for Laptops). That would mean they'd still show up but wouldn't be your main focus. You can also increase your bid for your better performing devices.

Does this help?

If you see the answer to your question in this discussion, please mark that post as an accepted solution so it can help others like you to resolve their issue in the future.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

How can he/she do a bid adjustment of -50% for laptops ? I thought that now the only bid adjustment left is for mobiles and that tablets and desktops use the standard MaxCPC bids .

My suggestion would be to set -100% on mobiles where they do not convert and to create the same ad group with low "default MaxCPC" but a +300% increase for mobiles. This setup is described in detail here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Mobile-only-settings-for-Enhanced-Campaign/m-p/13...