AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I miss the old Keyword Tool - differences with new Keyword Planner.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everybody,

Hope everybody is doing great. I started working with the new Keyword Planner today and have some questions. Hope some of you can help me here. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

1. Listing of similar keywords in the bottom. If you entered keywords in the top -a word or a key phrase - in Keyword Tool then a listing with similar keywords ideas would appear with their search volume in the bottom.

I don't see those suggested words anymore. Where can I get them now? So historical similar keyword ideas with their search volume.

2. There used to be a box before all the keywords so that you could check them and then upload it to an excel file. Those boxes are now gone. If I have a list of keywords ideas how can I effectively upload them. Say from the 100 suggested keywords ideas I only need about 25. I used to just check and upload them in a bunch.

3. Sorting of the keywords. There used to be a way to sort the keywords. By alphabet or search volume etc.

Is that still available?

4. Column selection. If you uploaded you could chose which columns you wanted to upload. Don't see it now either. Any suggestions. Let's say I only want to see my SV and keywords in an excel file.

Thanks so much to all of you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I miss the old Keyword Tool - differences with new Keyword Planner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello there;
If you run a search on the community for "new keyword planner", you'll find many concerns by advertisers. Hopefully, Google will implement (based on the feedback) some changes in the future. I doubt, though, that the old keyword tool will be back.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Here's the answer to your questions from what we understand:
1. On the first screen, select the option "Search for keyword and ad group ideas", enter the word or phrase and then click "Get ideas". The functionality is exactly the same as Keyword Tool, so you should see keyword ideas related to your search term.
2. You should add the keywords to your plan using the ">>" icon and then download the plan. It's the same as selecting keywords and then downloading all the selected keywords.
3. At this point, you can't sort alphabetically. But I'll definitely pass along the feedback that you'd like to see this functionality.
4. Did you mean download? If yes, then you are right. We download all the columns.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i really miss the old keyword tool too, is there a link where we can still use the old one?

or is there a good alternative ?

for me the new keyword planner is just not working, i dont like the interface at all, its too specific for use with adsense wheras i mainly used the old keyword tool to find a good niche.

maybe i should give it more time but i just feel i cant work with it this way, besides i dont know why companies fix things that where good and give something back that is worse.

this keyword tool reminds me of windows vista, newer then xp but worse.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much to all of you for your comments and feedback!

They all really helped. Have a GREAT September Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you mean the HOME page, I do not see a place that says "Search for keyword and ad group ideas".