Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I'm getting clicks from other countries than what I set in my campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have my campaigns to only show in the United Kingdom, yet I am getting clicks from people located in India and Italy which is costing me a fair amount of money. Earlier on I blocked India in Adwords but I checked just now and I have recieved another click from India Smiley Mad.

My only guess is that they are using a uk proxy and then clicking on the ads. Their time on the site is low and they return more than once, which shows they are just clicking to drive the cost up. How can I stop them from seeing my ads and clicking on them?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JamesG123
September 2015

Re: I'm getting clicks from other countries than what I set in my camp

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello JamesG123;

In advanced location option choose: " People in your targeted location" (vs.  the default "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location" )

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
This issue is occuring in one of my new 'Shopping' campaigns, however 'Shopping' campaigns don't seem to provide the 'People in your targeted location' option - am I correct on this? And in the context of 'Shopping' campaigns, is there another way to stop clicks from outside what you've specified in your Campaign location targeting?