Guide Me
star_border

I'm getting clicks but no conversion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Ad that we have been runningThe Ad that we have been running

Hi Guys.

Me and my partner just started a travel business together and we have put up this ad as seen above by narrowing our keywords and being pretty specific with them as well.  We get a high number of clicks but we dont get any conversion. We are unsure what could be the reason for this and we are honestly in dire need of some help so that we would know what is the best way for us to move forward on our ads. Any form of feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated before we create anymore ads. This ad was running since the 26th April and we keep tweaking it along the way and got more clicks but not even 1 conversion. 

Our landing page is www.qrovado.com

look forward on your feedback! 

Melvin and Natalie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Melvin,

There could be several reasons for not getting conversions. Firstly, is conversion tracking properly installed on the website? From what I could gather, the site is not fully functional at the moment. This could be one of the key reasons.

There are several components within AdWords that contribute to success. I'd suggest reading a few articles to understand basics. Here's a great one about account structure.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Melvin.

There could be many reason to that but the one I'm seeing now might be as a result of the campaign type. Looks like you have only Search Network Only. I suggest using the campaign type "Search network with Display select" It gives you more broader view and reach potential people needing your service then follow Sumanth Sridar's suggestion. 
Possible Keyword: Travelling SEA.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Jeremiah F,

My two cents is that Display Select should not be used. Melvin's concern seems to be more about conversions and ROI. "narrowing our keywords and being pretty specific with them" suggests that they want to be very specific in targeting while "Display select " would help in branding.

Best,

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sumanth

Thank you for your kind reply. The website is currently under construction but we have just added a landing page for the time being and posted that ad just to see if our keywords had any effect. We were happy to get the 40 clicks but when no one signed up we were wondering if something was wrong with the landing page or we were just not doing the right thing with our ads. We are fairly new thus we dont really have much experience to dable with the adwords functions etc but for sure i will read some articles for better understanding on adwords structure and especially the one you provided. What else would you suggest we do with how we tinker with the ads? only launch ads once the site is complete for more accurate reading to decide whether its keyword related or site related or content related? Look forward on hearing from you. 

Melvin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Jeremiah!

Actually we have read a number of articles saying to not include display select for beginners as we are looking for targetted traffic and not generic traffic. I'm wondering more of why no one is signing up to our newsletter or dont stay on the site for more than 1-2 mins. 

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Users might not sign up by just landing on the page. I'd want to navigate the site and see how legit the business is (specially because of the vertical), what other services you offer, reviews, testimonials, partners, pricing, etc. For this reason, I'd suggest launching campaigns after the entire site is live.

Installing AdWords Conversion tracking and Google Analytics can help you understand ROI and user behavior on the site - learnings essentially.

Structuring the account, ad group theme-ing, best practices like obvious negatives to start with, keyword insertion to improve relevance, match types to restrict searches, bidding method to control spend - these are few things I'd suggest for initial understanding.

I'd second the opinion that 'understanding comes first' then implementation. There are a lot of features to control different aspects of advertising in AdWords. I'd suggest starting with a small spend (after site is live) with one or two campaigns, implementing best practices you have understood.

Good luck!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Melvin,

I've read your concern and gone through your website link. Please have a look into my below observations:

1. As previously told by you in your first note, I would say getting a good number of clicks is a sign in case of new startup's. Because, the goals for a new business is follows as mentioned below:
a. Branding: Which means good number of impressions or clicks based on the network that you select.
b. CTR: Ratio of clicks to impressions
c. Conversions: Value added business.
d. Ad rank etc..

Looking into the data and your website, I would say that you have good response I mean in terms of branding.However, I would also like to mention the possibilities for not getting conversions:

Maybe sometimes due to the keywords that you are using. Like, if the keywords does not relate to your landing page content then the user may revert back from the website.

I've observed a lot of times that if the keywords used are not relevant(from the users perspective) to the landing page content then the user may revert back to the search results page.

Upon checking the you website, I would say that the site can be more user interactive and effective.

If you can optimize your website with more attractive images and interactive content(font) may help you get less bounce rate which in-turn boosts conversions.

The whole deal is to make the users stay for longer time on your website that should help.

In order to get good number of conversions:

> Create campaigns in both search and display network select. This will help you in comparing the reach. I suggest display works better wherein you can add placements can use contextual targeting techniques.
> Create ad groups and within that create the display ad and search ad both.
> Monitor the graph in Adwords UI on daily basis.
> Compare the reach of display add and search add
> Check the valuable keywords. Keywords which are more likely to convert into conversion bid more on that keywords.
> If you find any invalid clicks then pull the search term report and add them as negative keywords.
> Try to add ad site links to your website which helps, user not to leave your page.

This way you can improve your Adwords account structure and get more ROI.

I hope this helps and apologize if, I didn't exactly address your question. 

Regards,
Sushma

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey there, 

All of the advice mentioned previously is great. I am a huge fan of using the Display network. If you want to do a test- you can do a display only campaign and see if you get any traction- to have peace of mind. 

I had a website that went through the same thing and it was due to my website not being optimized. When your site will no longer be under construction, I guarantee you will see a change. 

Lastly, being hyper selective with keywords and targeting is just that, super selective. It's great that you want to be really selective off the bat, but I truly believe it's best to get your reach out there and go broader at first for more visibility.

Best of luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Sumanth! 

I'm really grateful for your tips and feedback. The site is being worked on at the moment and i guess we will start tinkering with ads once the site is fully functional and in the meantime we will continue doing more research on adwords and how to fully utilize the functions based on all the links that was shared by everyone and of course including yours. I will most definitely revert if i should have further questions on the whole process. It's a big big world i would say. Cheers!