AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I have paused some keywords in campaign, even after my ads are triggering for those keywords, WHY??

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have paused some keywords in campaign, even after my ads are triggering for those keywords, WHY??

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asset T
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Asset T

There may be other keywords eligible to trigger your ads for the search terms in question. You can check it by going to Search Term Report and adding keyword columns for the view if not already there. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asset T
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Asset T

There may be other keywords eligible to trigger your ads for the search terms in question. You can check it by going to Search Term Report and adding keyword columns for the view if not already there. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

A small addition to what Ratan said above, you could do the keyword diagnosis and see which keywords are triggering ads for the ones that you have already paused. You can map those back with paused keywords and then take the desired action. Similarly, keyword matching also plays an important role while deciding which keyword will trigger an ad during the ad auction process. I would suggest looking at this document for more insights:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Pankaj

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hi @Asset T,

There might be other keywords in your campaign in phrase match or broad match that are triggering your ads. 
You can look for the keywords responsible for triggering your ads in the search term report.

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa