2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I have a misbehaving GDN campaign.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have a new GDN campaign for text ads.  I put in keywords and a topic, set Target and Bid, put in Site Category exclusions, and in general set it up like another campaign that has been working fine. 

This one, however, has gone wild, putting my ads on placements I specifically tried to exclude (Games, Apps, Video, etc.).  Also, When I look through the targeting in the Display Network tab, there are many impressions and clicks that are not accounted for - fully half of them this week!

So, two questions:

How can I ensure that the placements have anything to do with the Topics and/or the KWs?

Where are the unaccounted for clicks coming from, if not the targeting I put in place?

Thanks!

Phil

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have a misbehaving GDN campaign.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
The point in setting campaign on GDN is (on one hand)  not to narrow the targeting to much and on the other hand not to target too broad;
This is a "delicate" task that requires constant monitoring on performances, excluding non-related placements and apps.
Due to the scale of the GND you cannot avoid completely "undesired" impressions.

One issue to check: how many keywords are you using ?  (10-15  would do to clearly define a "theme" )

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’