AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I got a Qulaity score before activating the ad of 3/10?Procced or not?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi ,When I completed my ad in ad words ,my keywords got a quality score of 3/10.What I have to do ?Can  I proceed or not?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I got a Qulaity score before activating the ad of 3/10?Procced or

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Anne H !

Such a quality score will result in a higher price per bid and fewer impressions due to a low AdRank.

There are many things you can try to do to improve that QS for your keyword before running the Ad.

Read these articles :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-sauce/m-p...

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Recipe-to-making-the-perfect-Quality-Score...

The main thing to do to improve QS is to add negative keywords and write an ad text with the keywords in the title or description lines. Also there is a diagnostig bubble for the reasons of that low QS. What does the info bubble say ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

Your initial QS, until gaining 1000 impressions, is other advertises' QS for the same keyword (based on its "exact match" form). Only after keywords start to gain impressions, the QSs score are based on your own campaign performances (mainly CTR).

So, at the beginning - you actually have no influence on the QS.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So can I proceed with the low Quality scored keywords ?I think I should watch their performance for the first 30 days isn't it?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think that if the info bubble tells you that you have an "below average" score for the Landing page, that will drag down your QS even after the 1000 impressions. So it is useful to check the auto-diagnostic where it says "Eligible" and act acordingly to improve the landing page with the keywords used in the adwords campaign.

Just quoting :

"

• Below average: This means that your landing page experience is in need of improvement, and your Quality Score might be lower as a result. You might want to consider some changes to improve your website's landing page, using the factors discussed in this article as your guide."

You can also read this

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You should watch the QS closely after the keyword gains 1000 impressions. Remember the major parameter effecting QS is CTR

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Any tips to increase the click through rate from your side?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Ceck our user articles section (upper navigation bar) . You will find may articles on the topic;

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Anne, I would be very cautious about any Quality Scores you see before a Keyword has run, and especially before the first impressions/clicks.  I quite commonly see Keywords with very low scores such as this become "instant" 7/10 and above as soon as they start running - before even the 1000 impressions come up.

I wouldn't "trust" a Quality Score for any Keyword until it's received at least 1 click and, as Moshe has said, ideally 1000 impressions.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits