Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I get impressions but no clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I started my first campaign on adwords a week back and just couple of days back i show the status of my ads showing as runing.My question is that i am getting impressions but no clicks.I increased my bid still no clicks and also i need to tell i have set my billing as manual and still have not entered my credit card details,does that effects but my ads are approved.Also when i search for my keyword in google search i cant see my ad.

Urgent help is required as i am a newbie with adwords.Please also do let me know if there is a way in adwords that i can see where my ads are appearing.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I get impressions but no clicks.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Synergy,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

also i need to tell i have set my billing as manual and still have not entered my credit card details,does that effects but my ads are approved

Did you mean to say that you have yet not entered the CC details and still manage to run ads?

Now, as far as my knowledge goes, that's impossible!

You need to enter the Billing details with valid payment method in order to run ads on Google. Although, you might have some Adwords voucher, but still, you do require to enter the valid payment method in your account to set your ads running.

I would strongly encourage you to update the Billing inofrmation and then see the status of your ads.

Once the billing info is updated, then look whether your ads are approved, under review or eligible.

If your ads are approved, then hover mouse over the speech bubble of your keyword to see whether it triggers ad or not.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Synergy wrote:

Urgent help is required as i am a newbie with adwords.Please also do let me know if there is a way in adwords that i can see where my ads are appearing.

Yes, you can see where your ads are running with the help of Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool under Tools and Analysis drop down menu in top navigation bar. It shows where your placed on Google Search Engine. Make sure to choose correct settings when you are looking for your ad creative. It is highly recommended 'NOT" to use google search engine to check ads manually.

Please see the below screenshot of Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool:

As Pankaj Said: You ads will not run until you enter billing information.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Synergy,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

also i need to tell i have set my billing as manual and still have not entered my credit card details,does that effects but my ads are approved

Did you mean to say that you have yet not entered the CC details and still manage to run ads?

Now, as far as my knowledge goes, that's impossible!

You need to enter the Billing details with valid payment method in order to run ads on Google. Although, you might have some Adwords voucher, but still, you do require to enter the valid payment method in your account to set your ads running.

I would strongly encourage you to update the Billing inofrmation and then see the status of your ads.

Once the billing info is updated, then look whether your ads are approved, under review or eligible.

If your ads are approved, then hover mouse over the speech bubble of your keyword to see whether it triggers ad or not.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Synergy wrote:

Yes, you can see where your ads are running with the help of Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool under Tools and Analysis drop down menu in top navigation bar. It shows where your placed on Google Search Engine. Make sure to choose correct settings when you are looking for your ad creative. It is highly recommended 'NOT" to use google search engine to check ads manually.

Please see the below screenshot of Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool:

As Pankaj Said: You ads will not run until you enter billing information.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pankaj and Neha thank you for the information you guys provided.

"Neha" i tried the tool you adviced me there i type my keyword and click preview and it tells "ads showing? No.So probable it means that my ads are not runing now.

Pankaj i want to ask that this account was made by a friend of mine in another country will it effect that i put my credit card detials in this account or is it better that make new adwords account by myself.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again,

Main thing is whether the account created by your friend is correctly configured in the sense that it has proper time zone settings because ultimately your ads will run based on the time zone you selected while creating the account. Also the currency which your friend has selected is very important because once selected, you will have to pay in that currency only.

However, if you think that this account created by your friend might not be worth enough, you can cancel this account and then create a new account so that you don't violate Adwords policies of Double serving. Kindly refer to this article for more details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj