Guide Me
star_border

I get adequate clicks in a campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone

Hope we are having a great Saturday!

I get adequate clicks in an Women Dresses campaign I am managing for my client, all metrics are fairly ok but the conversion rate is low. The website is good, there are returning customers too (as per analytics). How should I go about bettering the conversion rate? Shall I start with trying different landing pages ( a difficult task for an e-commerce site though)? All other tweaking have been tried. I check bids, average position, weed out not performing keywords (those with many clicks but no conversions).

Any suggestion, tip or solution would be heaven sent as my client is running out of patience (with me for 2 months, before this he worked with another agency for about 1 year but did not work out well with them, so he has changed)

Regards

Ajay

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I get adequate clicks in a campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ajay,

Can you tell us how have you structured the account in terms of campaigns whether search/display or combined etc...?

You said you are managing it for 2 months but how's the history of the account in terms of conversions; whether this account was getting good conversions in the past or not?

How's the status of the website from other traffic sources like organic, referral, social media etc...? Is the website getting good amount of conversions from other sources or is it just the AdWords, where the conversions have gone down?

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the revert Pankaj, following are the details:

1. I have structured the campaign pretty much in the classical, prescribed Google' preferred way (I like it that way too) that reflects the sites's structure as far as navigation is concerned.

2. For each of the three main categories I have separate campaigns targeting UK, then a search campaign each (with all categories) for US and France-Germany combined respectively

3. There is a Remarketing campaign which I am not focusing too much
4. One PLA campaign for US (currently working to upgrade it to shopping)
5, Not running Display campaign right now mainly because of budget

The history has been very much flat with nothing to write home about, there have been 150 odd conversions since the campaign started in Dec 2013, an average of around 15 a month from Adwords.

There is some traffic from organic/direct channels which contributes to 2/3 rd of monthly traffic & about 50 conversions a month. Most conversions we get are through search ads, with PLA and Remarketing just chipping in once in a blue moon!

Hope this would help you get a ring side view of the campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ajay,

Ajay s wrote:

Thanks for the revert Pankaj, following are the details:

There is some traffic from organic/direct channels which contributes to 2/3 rd of monthly traffic & about 50 conversions a month. Most conversions we get are through search ads, with PLA and Remarketing just chipping in once in a blue moon!

Hope this would help you get a ring side view of the campaign

As you said above, it looks like 66% of the traffic is reaching via other Traffic sources with good amount of conversions as well apart from AdWords.

If that is the case, you might have to review the keywords and their matching options as well. Try not to use much of the broad modifiers and concentrate more on specific match types i.e. Phrase and exact matches.

I hope you are reviewing your Search Terms on regular basis and adding irrelevant ones as negative keywords and relevant ones as keywords in your account.

If you have good amount of returning visitors, then I would suggest you to put more focus on Remarketing campaign and show those users tailored ads compelling them to purchase your products online.

Dynamic Search Ads is a good option for Ecommerce websites. You might want to try creating a dedicated DSA campaign. However in case your website offers daily deals, then you should avoid these ads for the time being as DSAs doesn't fit for those particular sites currently.

It's a good option to try different landing pages but as per the stats you have shared above in terms of traffic and conversions from other traffic sources, I would suggest you to fine tune your campaigns first and see if that improves your conversion rate or not.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again Pankaj, fine tuning the campaign sounds feasible at the moment. However the reason I broached Landing Page variation is because the conversions hasn't changed and has remained almost flat all throughout.