AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I am running a campaign with 17 countries.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I am running a campaign with 17 countries. i want to increase cpc bid only for United States. Can anyone tell me, how can i do this.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I am running a campaign with 17 countries.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

If I were you, I will create a diffrent campaign for US Smiley Happy I think thats the simplest way to go about it

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi kernel,

I suggest you to create a saperate campaign for US alone and do CPC changes. You cant increase the CPC bid for only 1country if you set 1 campaign for all the countries.

Also my suggestion is to create saperate campaigns for different countris. This will help you to optimize better in the future.

Hope this helps

Raghu

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

If I were you, I will create a diffrent campaign for US Smiley Happy I think thats the simplest way to go about it

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi kernel,

I suggest you to create a saperate campaign for US alone and do CPC changes. You cant increase the CPC bid for only 1country if you set 1 campaign for all the countries.

Also my suggestion is to create saperate campaigns for different countris. This will help you to optimize better in the future.

Hope this helps

Raghu

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Kernel,

As alreay suggested above you can not make changes for single country if you running a same campaign for 17 countries. You  need to create seperate campaign for United states in order to make cpc changes to US only. 

Well before making a seperate campaign i want you to analyze geographical report under Dimensions tab. I Don't think it is feasable to change campaign settings without analyzing current campaign stats. As per the current campaign stats you can make a new campaign and can decide which countires to keep in current campaign.

Generally, we prefer to keep seperate campaigns for diffrerent countries to keep control of bids, adcopy language etc. As we also know some policies also differs country vise.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

there is no reason to ever run multiple countries inside one campaign, other than a brand campaign that is booked to pos 1.00 across the planet.

its just bad practice to do so. just like you never run search and display in one campaign

regards

SK

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

H Kernel,

As everyone said the best practice is to have location specific campaigns.

However, since you have all your keywords under one single campaign, the best way for you will be 'Labels'. Here all you have to do is group all your keywords for USA and assign them a label, say 'USA Keywords'. You will just have to filter your keywords by label the next time you want to edit them.

Please note that the first time you apply the label might be time consuming, however, it eases your process later. Also, you can edit your labels anytime you want.

Hope this helps you.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

i know, i can create new campaign for United States, but i don't want to do that because i had experienced many a time when i create new campaign in my account my already running campaign got effected. My conversion goes down. so i don't want to create new campaign.

Can you please tell me, you all of you feeling that which i had experienced.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi kernel,

Yes, You are right. initially the conversion may drop when you move the campaign. Campaign will take some time to get set. But, once the campaign is set there will not be any problem. 

Here are my suggestions,

1. If you are moving the campaign,

a. Do a thorough SQR analysis and add all the converting keywords to the New campaigns.

b. Perform Ad analytsis and add the top converting ads to the new campaign and exclude the non performers.

2. If you are not interested to move the campaign.

a. Perform Country level analysis and move all the non performing locations to the new campaign. 

b. Do a thorough SQR analysis and add all the converting keywords to the New campaigns.

c. Add negative keywords.

d. Pause non performing Ads.

Hope this helps

Raghu

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello Kernel,

I am afraid that currently there is no tool or any advancement available inside Adwords wherein you have a multi-country campaign running and you want to increase the max. CPC for a specific country out of that.

Only option right now is to create a separate campaign for US as already suggested above.

i know, i can create new campaign for United States, but i don't want to do that because i had experienced many a time when i create new campaign in my account my already running campaign got effected. My conversion goes down. so i don't want to create new campaign.

Did you actually run the geographical reports in the past to see where the fall down really happened? Was it for any specific country or overall? Please note that you will have to do extensive reporting before coming to the conclusion that conversions went down just because of creating a separate campaign for separate country. 

When you target same set of keywords across different regions via different campaign, the impact is different and there is no corelation between sales/ leads going down. It actually depends upon different countries like what kind of busines are you serving and what people really like.

My advise would be to first run the geographical reports and identify the main converting countries for your business and then based on that, take a decision to run the separate regional campaigns if possible.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kernel,

The only way to edit the CPC bids of keywords is by Labels, by which you will be able to increase or decrease keyword bids for only USA keywords. Here are steps for the same:

1. Select (by checking the box) the keywords and assign them a label - http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2rbq7/a5p4
  2. Filter your keywords on the keyword tab by labels
  3. Use automate to edit keyword under filter - http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2rbq7/pug7

This will solve your problem.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn