1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I am not getting consistent traffic day by day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am observing traffic from last 7 days and its so fluctuation. yesterday i got only 10 Clicks whereas before that i got 25 Clicks. I am not sure whats going wrong. Also when i am doing any changes; performance is going down; Even for new campaign creation. Can anyone help me on this? 

Re: I am not getting consistent traffic day by day

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Sheetal,

these inconsistencies are quite usual. People are searching differently when it is day/night, work day/weekend, sunny/cloudy, holidays/regular days.

You mostly do not want to compare day after day, but compare it to previous week/month/period.

Do you have decrease in impressions as well?
Does any of your keyword stopped working because of some status like Low Quallity etc.?
Is there any new competition on the market?
Are you on the same positions like last week?
Aren't you limited by budget?

And so on and on...

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex,

Yes; its almost 60% decrease in overall traffic. Competition is there but my bids are too High. positioning improved over the last week Still traffic reduced.

if anyone can help me with similar case.

Thanks,
Sheetal

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sheetal,

I would agree with Alex Ander that looking at day-over-day comparisons don't provide enough data/context in most cases. In small accounts, there may even be a lot of fluctuation from week to week because the data samples are so small. How long have your campaigns been running? New accounts can be especially inconsistent.

I have a few questions that I would look into - fairly similar to those that Alex Ander asked above:
Have you noticed any trends by day of week? Often accounts will see that different days of the week drive more traffic than others.
Were any campaign budgets capped?
Has your impression share changed?
Are you showing any errors in your account (disapproved ads, conflicting negative keywords, below first page bids, low quality score).
Have you made any changes to targeting or ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
HI

Are there any campaign budgets limited? Has your impression share fluctuated?