AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I am being charged in adwords for people living outside of the distance I set. How can I solve this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not interested in having clients from far away. I am more interested in my local client base. Can I set the time frame in which I can spend my google dollars.I dont think that it is fair that i spend money for someone outside the country to look at my dental site.

thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I am being charged in adwords for people living outside of the distance I set. How can I solve t

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome;

You need to set your advanced location targeting to "People in your targeted location". (While the default is "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location"). Since the default includes people searching about your type of business, but physically outside the area- your ad is shown

Read more:

Advanced location options

;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’