3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

I am Getting click on negative keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already placed a keyword "game" (In broad terms without quote) in negative campaigne list but yesterday I got a click (As per google analytics, adwords, Matched Search Query report) when somebody search game apps programmers. Why my ad trigger on negative search term.

Re: I am Getting click on negative keyword

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ankur

May be that click comes before the time you added the negative keyword in your account as their is a delay of upto 3 hours in account metrics reporting and even if it came after adding the negative keyword negative keyword, may be the Adwords interface will take some time to update the latest changes and serve ads on the basis of that.
Please cross check once again that you have added this negative keyword on the required order i.e. on the ad group level, campaign level or account level.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had added mentioned negative keywords several days back.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Ohh..! I thought you added it yesterday. Have you checked that you have added it correct level i.e. adgroup/camapign/account and from which keyword you receive that impression.

Also search the keyword "game apps programmers" in Ad Preview Tool to know which keyword from which ad group/campaign is triggering your ad.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had included in campaign level and its triggered on one of my ad groups under that campaign, Some body searched game app programmers & it's triggered my keyword app developer.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Search the keyword again in Ad Preview Tool and check their.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tool doesn't display my add and display following message.

Your ad is not showing for the keyword app developer ( promaestros-web development > Apps Developers )

A negative keyword ("game") is preventing your ad from showing.

Now question is how I got that click? I checked in google analytics report should i wait for adwords's "matched search query report" which will generate tommorow?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
One more think, check you have added the both singular & plural negative match of the word game because if you add broad-matched negative keywords, you'll need to add their plural versions. Cross check that the negative keyword and search term query have same exact word that either it is singular or plural.

Read the Adwords Help for more:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453972?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
k.

Thanks..

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ankur,

Adding to Abhishek's replies, you can also have a look at this link.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Negative-keywords-triggering-ads/td-p/201140

I hope this helps.
Kapil M