Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How will i know the clicks clicked on my add are from the target locat

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone,

I have an add running in Google ad-words.... its a  technical support website with a toll free number  .. I  started a new campaign yesterday targeting USA . When I looked in to my Google  account after 8 Hours it had 7 clicks and $24 - Re 1200 were taken away from my credit of Re 2500..+ didn't  get a single call regarding my support ..I am ok with that .  however my question is .. How can i be sure that my adds were clicked in USA and by potential customers ? ..Coz based on the same i need to improve my website and add structure ... I also want to ensure that its not any kind of a Fraud ....

PLEASE HELP ...

i am not a business man with lot of money .. Customer pays only if they are satisfied .. hence i have to be very careful with what i spend ...

Regards

Rahul Panicker

India 

www.we2Resolve.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahul P
September 2015

Re: How will i know the clicks clicked on my add are from the target l

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

It can take 24-48 hours for the data to appear, but you can check the Dimensions tab of your campaign and select the Geographic view. That should show you the physical location (where it can be identified) of the people who clicked on the ad.

If you're using Google Analytics on your website, you can also see the locations of all your website visitors there.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahul P
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Rahul, Welcome to the Community.

You can find out the location of where the clicks are coming from roughly by geo-targeted settings set around a specific location.

If you go into your Adwords account and go to the dimensions tab, you can click the view drop-down to see various reports. Two reports you might be interested in are Geographic and User Locations.

Google 2.JPG

In order to avoid clicks from other location you can select the second option which is Target using physical location: Device-based location signals.

If the advertiser chooses the option "Device-based location signals" then the ads will be shown only in the areas targeted (in your case USA). 

This link helps you better understand about the advanced targeting features. 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722038&from=189075&rd=1

Thanks and Regards,

Nikit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you i was able to view the details .. however location of interest had more clicks ... how can i change the setting so that my add appears only for physical location ..? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks a ton go it