AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to write a broad match modfied keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In a two keyboard broad match modifier, is there a space between the first keyword and the plus sign next to the second keyword?

Example: +new+furniture or +new +furniture?

In my keywords with the modifier, I used the space , but I received search queries which were not the modified keywords.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to write a broad match modfied keyword

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi there,

It is +phrase1 +phrase2. For Ex: +buy +chocolate. This may match with search terms that have slight variations like synonyms, plurals, etc. The rule here, is that both terms should be searched together.

Hope that clarifies Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Re: How to write a broad match modfied keyword

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Bruce,

Sumanth is right here. For a two word Broad Match Modifier keyword you need to keep a space in between the two words (if the are infact two different words).

For your Reference again, the keyword will be: +buy +chocolate online.

Now in this example, variations/plurals of the first two words 'buy' & 'chocolate' can trigger your ad and the keyword 'online' does not need to be present in the query that can trigger your ad.

In your Search Query, can you check which were the broad match modifier keywords or their variants or plurals that triggered your ad. You can do a comparison in the Search Query Report that you download by including the Keywords column in the report.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"