Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to use expanded text ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Community,

One of my accounts just got enabled for expanded text ads. Where can I find some documentation on how to use this new feature? Has anyone here used it?

Thanks,

Camilo

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Camilo O
June 2016

Re: How to use expanded text ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Camilo,

Not sure about official documentation but if you look around, you'll find the basics of Expanded Text ads covered pretty well.

Two Headlines - 30 Characters Each
Description - 80 Characters Total
Two Display Paths - 15 Characters Each - automatically added to your domain.
Final URL - final destination URL

It's as simple as creating new ads - when you click to create a new ad you'll see the new format - fill in your ad copy and submit the ads. You can also bulk upload ETAs as well.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tommy! I got it - I have to create a new ad... I was thinking I could edit my existing ads.

I created a new one and I see the new features. Will give it a try, thanks again!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Camilo,

This the the official document regarding the same:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704441?hl=en

Hope you might be looking for the same but there is 1 more feature that is extended headline.
If you use punctuations [ period, exclamation and question mark] at the end of 1st description line then the 1st description line may get merged into the headline.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Archit! Appreciate your time Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi PPCBossman,

do you know when it is going to be able to upload them on editor?

Many thanks!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey David,

Nothing yet - Editor releases tend to just happen. Don't quote me but I do believe that I saw it mentioned that the next Editor release would include support for ETAs.

You can bulk upload though, it's not editor but it's a whole lot better than creating each ad individually.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, this is how we are working now, but I'd want to adapt our templates.

So we need to wait a little bit more.

Many thanks!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's the video from Adwords team https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo4DcmBzEdk

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

These expanded text ads will be a real game changer..

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove potentially self-promotional content. Thank you for your understanding.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Farhan! And yes, I already enabled a couple in some campaigns and there is a significative positive difference for all metrics: clicks, conversions, CTR, etc. Smiley Happy