star_border

How to use a, an, in on, the, of, by, from, etc in keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys,

How to use a, an, in on, is the, of, by, from, etc in keywords

Ex:
1) [a controller] [the controller] [in a controller] [controller of] [of controller]

2) "a controller" "the controller" "in a controller" "controller of" "of controller"

3) "by a controller" "in a controller"  "from controller"   "a controller" "controller"

Are there any differences in above examples or Google consider all of them as same?

Is it wise to remove a, an, in on, is the, of, by, from, etc in exact & phrase keywords?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandaruwan S
September 2015

Re: How to use a, an, in on, the, of, by, from, etc in keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

Using any kind of articles and prepositions in your keyword is not advisable. The reason why, if you have any keyword, in phrase & exact matches that consists of a, an, in on, is the, of, by, from, etc, then you may not get any impressions or clicks.

As a user, if I have to search for controller, I would rather just enter controller and not "the controller" or "a controller". Hence, with AdWords, you can use keywords without any articles or prepositions to ensure that your Ads gets triggered.

I recommend you using Keyword Planner Tool to find the right keywords for your campaign.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Yakshi K
Thanks for reply.

I keyword planner I found around many of people use "a" "the".

"in, on, is, etc. are less used.

Thanks for help.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandaruwan S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sandaruwan S,

You may want to try using a BMM match keyword like +controller and supporting it using a lot of negative keywords rather than using an exact match...

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!