AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to use Excel scripts to add bulk keywords to different ad groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

I'm using the Adwords Editor tool to manage bulk changes, but I'm not sure how to speed up the process of entering repetitive keywords in different ad groups. For example:

I have created 100 different ad groups, each targeting a specific city for my organic food delivery service. I want to add the phrase "organic food delivery in city x" as a keyword to each of the 100 ad groups, with the respect to the city I'm targeting. How do I go about doing this without manually adding the same keyword for each different city into its respective ad group, one at a time?

I'm assuming the answer involves using a script in Excel. I'm not experienced with Excel scripts, so please dumb it down for me.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out.

Cheers,

Sam

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2016

Re: How to use Excel scripts to add bulk keywords to different ad groups

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Sam,

Once you have the keyword list, you just need to specify the campaign and ad group for each keyword.Then you can copy and paste the list directly into AdWords Editor.

Follow the steps described here - https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/56501?hl=en

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Sam,

Once you have the keyword list, you just need to specify the campaign and ad group for each keyword.Then you can copy and paste the list directly into AdWords Editor.

Follow the steps described here - https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/56501?hl=en

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Deepak,

Thanks for the link. This helps for uploading the list of keywords into multiple ad groups. I guess my difficulty is with creating the list of keywords in the first place. Let's take the same example:

I have 40 different phrases, such as:
"organic food delivery in city x"
"fresh food delivery in city x"
"city x organic food delivery"

Each phrase will have 100 variations, since I have 100 different cities to target for each phrase.
This means creating 4000 keywords manually!

Considering this list will be a simple combination of 40 phrases and 100 cities, is there a way to automate or simplify the creation of this 4000-keywords list, either in Excel or in Adwords Editor?

Cheers,
Sam

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Sam,

You can combine your base keywords and your cities easily with CONCATENATE function in Excel.

Find more information about using this function in Office help.

Cheers,

Deepak