AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

How to use Campaign Experiments to split test ad copy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I am trying to use Campaign Experiments to split test ad copy on search ads - I am fed up with split testing ads the traditional way, since Avg. Pos for each ad is never quite the same and skews the CTRs. I would rather rely on Google's calculations to tell me significance.

I have set up the Experiment as follows (this is the Ad Group > Ads view):

CampaignMgmt.jpg

In other words:

I have set my Control ad to "Control Only", and my second ad to "Experiment Only".

The trouble is, and as you can see, Experiments is not comparing the two ads. For example, the top ad is giving me Significance notifications against the zero traffic Experiment segment in its own ad. Not helpful at all.

Am I missing something? How do I setup an ad copy experiment that actually works in Experiments? Or should I revert back to the traditional method?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Max C
September 2015

Re: How to use Campaign Experiments to split test ad copy?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Max,

I believe if you look at it from the AdGroup level, it will show you the ad copy results comparison.

Thank you.
Alex

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Max C
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Max,

I believe if you look at it from the AdGroup level, it will show you the ad copy results comparison.

Thank you.
Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome, yes you're right. I knew there was a simple answer.